Thursday, July 6, 2017

Sad Andi Announcement

Mrs. Marlow must settle "Andi" in a corner for a while. (But the short-story contest is still a GO!) I will announce it here when it officially launches. By this fall, hopefully I'll also dust Andi off from the corner and start blogging again. So write those stories in the meantime and send them in to CircleCAdventures@gmail.com!

Please read on and pray . . . 

I'm afraid some very hard news has come to my family. Nathan, age 18, my daughter's oldest (of 8), was just diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes yesterday. He was scheduled to leave for The Master's University in California in about a month. Now it appears that his life--and my daughter's and her family's entire life--is on hold for an indeterminate amount of time. I read up on this disease, and it's overwhelming in the beginning to stabilize, doctor visits, diet adjustments, on and on. 

Basically, it's an emotional train wreck in the beginning. 

With that in mind, I have decided that I can't do everything, so for now I will put Andi's life (her blog) on hold so I can be available my daughter and her family until Nathan is well on his way to adjusting to this new, lifelong issue.

 

 

19 comments:

  1. Will be keeping you and your daughter's family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mrs. M, I am so sorry. This must be so difficult for you and your family.
    I will be keeping Nathan and you all in my prayers.

    -Sadie S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, Nathen, and your daughter and the rest of her family...will be sad not to have you posting like you have been but I totally understand...
    <3 MA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayingg for you your daughter and her son. I can't imagine how difficult this must be. Know that God never withholds good from those who love Him. Psalm 84:11

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry Mrs. M. I will be praying! I will miss Andi but I definitely understand:)

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that, I will be praying for you and your family, I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really sorry to hear that, I will be praying for you and your family. I know that God has a purpose for all of the challenges that we face, even though we may not see it at first. Trust in God and lean on him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this isn't exactly gonna sound original, but..... I'm so sorry. I will definitely be praying. I have an aunt with diabetes, and I know how rough it is.
    I would say I'm gonna miss Andi.... but when you hear news like this....it just doesn't really matter anymore.
    I've been through some tough times in my short life, and it always helps me to remember Romans 8:28....I'll admit, in the middle of a tough time, I have a hard time believing that, but then I'll think: "Who am I to doubt the promises of the God who created EVERYTHING!"
    Anyhow, I'm praying for Nathan, for your daughters family, and for you, Mrs. M.
    I'm just so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You summed it up. When you get news that makes your whole life turn a corner, thinking up blog posts for a pretend character just doesn't seem to matter anymore.

      I know I will feel differently this fall, and I am excited about the story writing contest, but daily/weekly blog posts are not registering on my radar right now. Thanks for understanding!
      Mrs. M

      Delete
  9. My prayers and the prayers of my family for you and your family. I'll miss Andi, but of course I understand why you need the break. Keep us updated if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers for all your family <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will be praying for you and your family Mrs. M!! that must be really hard for Nathan to put his whole life on hold like that.... I have a question though, will you still be coming to the Valley Home Educators convention at the end of July?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we are finished with conventions for this season. We went the VHE last July so we were not going to either the AFHE (AZ) or the VHE this year. sorry!

      Delete
  12. My brother and I have been keeping you in our prayers, Mrs. Marlow! How are you doing now?
    Here is a favorite verse of mine that helps me when I'm upset, need help, or am worried:
    "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" (Matthew 6:26)
    Remember that God is with you, Mrs. Marlow!

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!