Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Pen Pals

I get shivers whenever I read posts like the one at this link below. Emily posted her experiences with all of the friends she has met through Andi's blog. Wow, I had no idea so many godly relationships have been budding through the years because of a fictional character (Newsflash: Andrea Carter is a fictional character).  PEN PALS

I have received emails off and on from fans (who are now grown and moving on) who have connected with other fans . . . one even from England who connected with someone here in the States and eventually met face to face.

Some met on the Chat Box (which makes me glad that I never canceled it, although it sometimes gives me grief, i.e. it stops working, etc.) But I see many of you enjoy chatting in a safe place with other internet friends).

I'm humbled beyond belief that I had any part in this. You might know the old song Pass It On. "It only takes a spark to get a fire going . . ." Indeed, I feel like a spark of true friendship that could last an eternity has been lit because of a fictional character. God works in so many ways to bring us joy. Thanks, Emily, for sharing that post on your blog. And you younger fans, keep connecting with each other. You too can enjoy lasting, godly friendships.



6 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I guess a lot of people have met through your blog, Mrs. M!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He-he. It's funny you should mention that song...my Mom LOVES that song, and sings it all the time! That's just another reason why you remind me of my Mom!
    Oh, and did I mention, my Mom watched Star Wars in theaters when it first came out, and watched it again with some other friends, and watched it again, and again...LOL. ;)
    ~Hope M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "(Newsflash: Andrea Carter is a fictional character.)" What!!! No one ever told me that!!lol I see, but then Andi Prescott must be real right? JK <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am that girl from England! And yes, I met my dear pen-pal friend through the CCA blog, and we've now been emailing/messaging for over 2 years, and have met face to face twice! Which is kind of a miracle, considering that she and I live over 4000 miles apart... But I am so incredibly grateful to God for this dear friendship! I never could've imagined 2 years ago the joy and encouragement that it would bring to me. And it all started because we randomly commented on the same blog post. Only God could've orchestrated a friendship like that! He certainly uses the most random things (like blogs!) to bring people together!
    Hannah M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping you'd comment, Hannah. I don't like to spread names around publically, but thanks!

      Delete
  5. I have met so many wonderful people through this blog, including Emily, Faith P, and Jesseca Dawn. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to meet any of them in person . . . yet. :) Thank you, Susan, for following God's leading and keeping up this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!