Monday, February 27, 2017

Andi's New Journal: A Slice of Life- Introduction

Back by popular demand--Andi's Journal. Here's a fun banner to go with it. I am waiting on pins and needles to find out what you are all going to name my new ranch. As soon as that is decided, the journal banner will look different. Mrs. M will fill in the name of the ranch and come up with a brand mark to go with it. Stay tuned . . .

My journal entries really began January 2, 1882, while I was sitting in Taffy's stall waiting to for her to drop her foal. "I am sitting in the foaling stall with Taffy . . ." were the first words I wrote in the spanking new journal Melinda gave me for a Christmas gift. Since then, I've filled three more journals, which is a joke on me. Deep inside, I never wanted to share my thoughts, but over the years it's become second nature. I keep my old journals tied up with a ribbon at the bottom of my trunk in my new home. If God grants me a daughter or too, I'm sure they'll love rummaging through the stack of quickly yellowing pages.

"Andi's Journal" will be a mishmash of everyday events, special events, even some surprising or frightening events, since life is filled with all of those and more. Also, my journal entries will not necessarily be posted in chronological order. I will try to remember a date, but sometimes I might want to record something I remembered from the past.

If it comes to me, I will write it. I hope you enjoy "a slice of my life."

June 20, 1886
Riley and I returned from our honeymoon (more about that later), and of course I loved the new little house I'd never been allowed to see. (Though you all saw pictures of that a few days ago.) But I broke out in smiles when I saw his personal wedding gift to me. A brand-new saddle for Shasta! When I saw it, I couldn't help thinking of my first saddle--the one I got for my ninth birthday, so Taffy and I could be a real horse-and-rider pair at last! (from Saddle Up)
My first, very own saddle, age 9

Sadly, when I lost Taffy a couple of years ago, Chad and Mitch packed away my saddle. I suppose I could have dragged it back out, but it is still hard to think about Taffy's passing without the tears coming. So, Shasta used some old thing from the tack room. I just never had the heart to go saddle shopping.

But what greeted me when I walked into the barn on our first morning home from Yosemite was the most beautiful saddle I ever saw. Even better than the stars and silver conchos on my birthday saddle.

Riley could not have given me a better present. I suppose anybody reading this will laugh at how unromantic a saddle is for a wedding gift, but Riley knows me. Oh, I love that new saddle. I can't wait to sling it over Shasta's back and go riding with Riley as soon as I finish up this entry. Chores can wait one more day.
 

Swirly etchings and lots of silver! Does Riley think we're rich?







16 comments:

  1. Love the banner, love the saddle, perfect for Andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the banner, love the saddle, perfect for Andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "slice of your life"! The saddle is beautiful, Riley is so sweet to give it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The saddle is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you going to make more books about Andi when she is married? I really love the books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly, but not for a long time.

      Delete
    2. Really?! I hope so because I LOVE Andi Carter books an would LOVE to have more about when she gets olderπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ ~cheyenne

      Delete
  6. Love the "slice of your life"! Just wondering, whatever happened to some of Andi's friends, like Rosa and Jenny, and even Virginia?? And what DID happen to Macy and Sunny? I'm sure at least Rosa attended the wedding, but would you consider putting up a post about friends who weren't really in Courageous Love?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A follow up about Macy is on Mrs. M's radar . . . she also is pondering Virginia's and Felicity's fate as well. But "Rome wasn't built in a day," LOL

      Delete
  7. Thank you for all the posts Mrs M!!!!

    ~ IT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the post, these will be fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The banner is perfect! Riley spoils you Andi :)

    -Abigail D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on Abigail, Andi needs something to ride with and she can't just ride a some old saddle. Lol
      <3 MA

      Delete
    2. Ikr! Andi deserves it! <3

      Delete
  10. I really like the new name, and saddle is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!