Saturday, August 13, 2016

Urgent Prayer Request from Louisianna

Olivia sent this to me tonight. Let's join her in prayer for this situation, for peace and safety in the midst of a very scary circumstance.

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed upon You, because he trusts in You."  Isaiah 26:3

Hey Mrs. M,

I have a very urgent prayer request (if you could post it on the Circle C Blog, that would be great).

I'm sure a lot of people may have already heard, but Louisiana is flooding like never before! They're calling it 'The Great Flood of 2016'. SO many people are being evacuated and have water in their homes, and it's only expected to worsen. We are safe at the moment where we are, but they are saying that once the waters start to recede, it will start flooding back south, right near where we are located. Prayers for NO MORE flooding and peace and comfort for those whose homes have been flooded would be very much appreciated!

It's amazing to see the church of Christ coming together through this, though! We just helped cook, package, and deliver meals of jambalaya to some of the local police and fire stations with a bunch of others from our church. (They've been working so hard the past few days!) We'll be at the church again first thing tomorrow morning to deliver more.
There are also many people opening their homes to those who have no place to go.

Just please pray, pray, pray!
Thank you!!

Olivia J. (Livi Jane)
 

8 comments:

  1. You all are in my prayers, Livi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for the entire situation! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying!!! I as well have family down there, and my pastor is friends with several pastors down there. I know of one pastor whose house was destroyed, and his church had four feet of water (still rising) I will be praying for God's peace, comfort, and protection for your family, Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, okay! You're talking about Bethany Church, right? That's our church, and my step-cousin is the pastor there. We have several campuses (two are located in high schools, though), and all but one are underwater. Thank you for the prayers!

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure if he knows your pastor, I just know he knows several pastors down there. I agree! I can't imagine losing my church, let alone my own home! All of Louisiana will be kept in my prayers continually!

      Delete
  4. Thanks, everyone! At the moment it's looking like we won't get any water in our home; praise God! But my heart breaks for those who are experiencing the loss of their houses. There are so many people coming together to serve others. Many people who own boats are going out and rescuing stranded people. Depending on how the water levels near us are tomorrow, we will be going to help at the church again. Thanks again so much for the prayers! They are certainly needed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for everyone down there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!