Friday, December 11, 2015

Photo Fridays: Gowns and Hair Styles


At the end of Heartbreak Trail, I finally got my quincenera party (15), which meant I wore a new, very fancy gown. It was fun--all that dancing and eating good food and seeing my friends and family have a swell time--but my dress nearly choked the life out of me (corsets, you know. Go HERE to learn all about those wretched fashion statements). I made the best of it until Cory and I collided. Yep, he spilled red punch all over my new gown. There is no hiding bright-red punch on a pale green dress. I was never so happy as when I could finally yank off my corset and crawl into bed at the close of the party.



My gown before it was ruined.

And speaking of gowns, here are some popular dresses of the "day."

Everybody knows that Riley Prescott comes back in The Last Ride, so it's no surprise, right? Mrs. M found this picture of Jessica ("Andi" our cover girl) and her hubby Brit, who doesn't make a half-bad-looking Riley. Mrs. M thought you'd like to see this fun picture! But look quick, as I do NOT like getting all slicked up for pictures.
Andi and Riley



And one more picture. Get a load of this hairstyle! Melinda and I were playing around and this is what she came up with. But I would never wear this crazy hair outside of my room. The boys would really laugh, Chad especially!
After Melinda played around with my hair

20 comments:

  1. Wow, I wonder how long it would take to make a hairstyle like that! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. :)
      Glad you didn't go out of your room, Andi!

      Delete
  2. I agree, Andi, that hairstyle was terrible! I'm glad you didn't wear it out of your room. ;)
    Love that picture of "Andi" and her husband. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though Andi didn't enjoy it, that green dress IS pretty. :) And I LOVE the picture of "Andi and Riley"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like all of the pictures, especially the one of "Riley and Andi". : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that really Jessica and her husband? I really liked the pic of Andi in her gown!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! !!! :-)

      Delete
    2. "Andi"'s dress is super pretty!

      Delete
    3. Yes, that is Jessica and her husband when they went to Branson, MO, a year or two ago. They live in Arkansas and flew up there in their little place (that Britte pilots).

      Delete
  6. Tight or not, that green dress is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! That dress is super pretty!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE the picture of Andi and "Riley"!! He does make a pretty good Riley. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you come on the chat box or do a new post soon? It would be nice to see something new!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pic of Andi and 'Riley' is soooooooooo cute! He makes a nice Cory!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That hairstyle is super funny! How long was her hair?! And who was the model for that, do you know, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea. I found the picture on the internet . . .

      Delete
  11. Ugh, those dresses do NOT look comfortable! -Lelia

    ReplyDelete
  12. That hairstyle is funny! -Lelia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andi's green dress looks really pretty but really uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!