Friday, October 9, 2015

Photo Fridays: Behind the Scenes Part 1

I turned the Blogger Page of unorganized photos into a number of posts. I also went deep into Blogger and found the old "Photo Gallery" posts that lay buried, some since 2010 or earlier. There may be pictures in these posts that you forgot about or have never seen. Scroll through the posts below and enjoy the new look of Photo Fridays. Now that it is organized, I should be able to keep up with it much better. Here is an old, old post to begin with.

Here are some pictures we took of "cover kids." Enjoy!

This was one of the first pictures we took.


Same day, a "far away" look. Mrs. M broke the fence trying to take a picture. Everybody laughed.


This is another Hannah.


Too bad the sun was so bright. This is a nice picture.

Another picture. We had to cut off those tennis shoes. Note the corn field. 

This one almost ending up as the cover for Family Secret


One of my favorites.  I wish this was the Long Ride  Home cover.


Rosa ("Joy"), Taffy, and I taking a break. It was a cold October day.


Rosa and I posing just for fun.


Another favorite picture. Maybe a future book cover?


I don't like this pic at all, even though it is good of Taffy. I don't like my hair like that.




It was October and nobody was enjoying the cold, brisk weather. Rosa (Joy) was freezing in that outfit.


Levi (Jarrett), Andi (Jessica), Hannah (Esther), and Betsy (Michaela Joy). This Levi did not end up on the cover.

A bit too much, I think. Star's ears are not quite right.


Mrs. M was the warmest of them all in her sweatshirt!


  

20 comments:

  1. How did you change the barn to the country??? Did you have a green screen behind it? I have a green screen and do movies on it (that is how I change the green backround to scenery). Or I take old pictures that I didn't do on the green screen and I color around the image green and then put a different backround (other that green lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the barn picture of Andi and Levi with Patches? Oh, yeah, that was taken inside the barn. It's called Photoshop. :-)I cut out around the kids and the horse and put it onto a California country scene I'd taken when I was in the area (the setting of the CCA, near Fresno).

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures!
    You noted that one picture may be used for a future book cover.
    Does that mean another book?!?!?!?!?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my dreams, I think. If there is another book, it won't be for quite some time, since I have a contract for at least 4 of the Goldtown books. But one can hope. But officially, no, there is not another book in the "oven" right now. :-(

      Delete
    2. A NEW BOOK WOULD BE REALLY COOL!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. That would be really neat if you could write another book! The pictures are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like a new book too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Marlow, I noticed you got some of the pictures from scenes of "The Big Valley". Why did you pick that T.V, series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because it is one of my favorites, Rebekah.A. :-)

      Delete
  7. Andi, I was wondering how old Taffy is? I don't know if you said that in any of the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't say, but you can do the math. In Long Ride Home, Andi is 12, and she remembers when Chad gave her Taffy as a newborn foal, when she was 6.
      There you go . . . you can figure it out. :-)

      Delete
  8. Andi, I also noticed how the characters match the characters from the books so well. Such as Kate, and Justin, and Melinda.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So she's six years old. That's pretty young for a horse. Who was the foals' sire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, a horse can be ridden by 3 years (some of those race horses they "cheat" and ride them earlier). Six is like a "teenage" horse. LOL My eight-year-old son took lessons from my daughter-in-law on "Chase," a six-year-old Morgan. He was a little green, true, and threw Ryan (Cory on the Trouble with Treasure cover). But he got right back up. :-)

      Okay, Taffy's sire. Hmmm . . . gotta think of a good name for him. Got any ideas. I should put on a "name Taffy's sire" contest for the best name. :-)

      Delete
  10. Oooh! I like that idea, Mrs. M! I already have a few ideas going.... Thanks for digging out these pics! I hadn't seen many of them so this was fun! I really like 3, 7, 10, 12, and 15! (Going down from the top.) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for putting up all the fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love these! Especially the last one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. these pics are so cool! thanks so much for putting them up!

    ~Cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the tenth one from the top! It would make a great book cover...

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!