Monday, October 12, 2015

Circle C Surprises

sliding down the banister
Hang on to your hats, Andi fans. I just got a contract for the middle series (when Andi is 9 and 10). Yes, I know some of you would prefer she was married and had her own kids, and you know what? Both my editor and publisher thought that sounded like a great idea.

But I need a little rest and some lighter, shorter books to write. So for a year or two I'm going to have fun with the Circle C Surprises (tentative name. Kregel my change it. And if you have any ideas on what to call the series, let me know in the comments).

I have six books in mind:
1. Taffy Trouble (when she first gets to ride Taffy, since she can't ride until the horse is three years old).
2. Gold Fever (an Andi and Cory adventure. See picture below. They go on their first horseback ride together up in the hills to pan for gold. Fool's gold; storm; get lost; and old hermit in a cabin; grouchy scary guy turns out to be very nice and sneaks real gold nuggets in their pockets the next morning and shows them the way home.)
Andi and Cory on an adventure
3.  Missing! Andi's mom is teacher for the day and something unexpected happens to them after school. (I have this one half written. The only one I feel sure about right now. I would do it first, but I need to start with a horse story.)
4. [no title yet] a summer adventure
5. [no title yet] maybe a fair story, a sequel to Fair Surprise where she can actually bring Taffy to the fair for the first time.
6. Christmas Calamity. I might recycle that "Christmas Interrupted" story I wrote last year and expand it (like I expanded the cattle drive story into Heartbreak Trail). Unless I get a better idea. I am SO WISHING I had not used the blizzard story in the Tales book. *big sigh* That would have been a great book.

Here's where all of you loyal fans come in. As you can see, these are skeletons of real stories. I need ideas. A lot of ideas. Think readers ages 7-10. You are welcome to send me DETAILED ideas for story plots (use the Blogger Contact Form so I don't lose track). Or . . . I may put on a Circle C Surprises idea contest where winners' names will be acknowledged in the finished, real book, like "Special thanks to Susie Smith for the idea for [insert title]." And win a copy of the book, of course.

This shows how fast I am running out of ideas.

So, what do you think? Is a contest a good idea?

Caution. This is a long process. The first book probably will not even come out until Fall 2017. (Circle C Milestones book 4 is scheduled to come out February 2017, a full year after The Last Ride, which comes out this coming February 2017.


29 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so exciting!! :D I think it's a fun contest idea! :)
    More Andi books. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I have some ideas for the series...

    Maybe the name of the series could be "Circle C Memories", "Circle C Moments", or "Circle C Times" if Circle C Surprises doesn't work.

    And the possible 4th book could maybe be called "Down the Creek", where Andi, Cory, and another friend go fishing and swimming, but the creek carries them away. They get safe, but they don't know where they are and they are without their horses. They travel where Andi thinks they should go, but they go the wrong way. Maybe they could end up in a shack and the person that lives there is a robber and he kidnaps them, but someone (Mr Blake, Justin, Chad, Mitch, etc.) finds them, arrests the robber, and gets the kids home safely. Just an idea.

    I'm excited for the new series!

    ~R.H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you like me to send you that (^^^the post about the book idea^^^) in the blogger contact form instead? I kind of just rushed through the whole post -- I was sooooooo excited!!!

      ~R.H.
      ~R.H.

      Delete
  3. And, I think that the contest sounds like a fabulous, amazing, wonderful, cool, [insert every adjective that applies here] idea!
    ~R.H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh oh oh! That is such a splendid idea! It would be so fun to have another Andi series!! :D :D :D
    I really like the sound of all your book ideas Mrs. M.!
    Oh, that's a fun idea, having fans help with story ideas. I might be contacting you with some ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh definitely! I'd love to send in ideas! Having it be a contest would be great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really think that the 9 year old Andi is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks pretty cute :) I'm glad it worked out for you, Mrs. M, and I'd be glad to help out with titles and such! But I'm still waiting for The Last Ride and Book 4 to come out already!!! lol :p Will you be posting any more sneak peeks for The Last Ride?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm turning in the FINAL copy of The Last Ride today, Olivia. All revised and edited and ready go to the typesetters (proof pages). I'm a little behind, but I'm hoping to start putting up some sneak peeks soon (uh . . .November, maybe?) I have not posted any yet.

      I'm working on Book 4 to get it done by the due date (February 2016). That is my priority now, and I'm even thinking about the new series until I finish "Shadows from the Past." The best one yet!

      Delete
    2. Yay! That's exciting!
      Oh, okay. I must have been thinking of the post that revealed the cover and summary of The Last Ride. :) Can't wait to see the sneak peeks!

      Delete
  8. Its good for your sake you got another contract, but I think there's been enough of Andi. Way too many different series, and the younger age ones aren't exciting since there for little kids. And even if you do get a series when she is married, by the time that happens I'm sure most of us who care right now won't by then :(
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that there's ever -enough- books about anything! If I can read something new and fresh, I love it! Maybe there will be some people that think like you, but that's okay. Everybody has different opinions.

      Delete
    2. I agree. I like Andi, and this series will be great for the littler kids.

      Delete
    3. Hey, Anne, you are totally free to move on anytime. It would be silly to think readers don't grow up and grow out of certain books. I keep in contact with a couple of girls who were young when this all began but are now in college and moving on. I would assume they don't care much if there are more Andi stories or not. (But they will start caring again when they're married and have little children looking for good, wholesome reading). :-)

      In other words, there will always be new, young, fresh readers to take your place.

      This new series is for the many, many, many parents who have asked for something for their young children to read after the Beginnings and are not ready for the harder Adventures. Not necessarily for current readers.

      Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

      Mrs. M

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the contract! I think a contest is a great idea too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!! I love this! Yay!!! I really like the "Christmas Calamity" idea. ;) My brain is spinning with ideas, but I have to go finish Biology before I can even think of starting what will be a lengthy email. ;)
    Congratulations Mrs. M!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The new series sounds like a lot of fun, I'm really excited! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a good idea Mrs.M! Can't wait and I'll be thinking of ideas.

    Lexah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometime soon I'll try to email you ideas and such but for now: you could call the series Circle C Excitement?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woah!!!! THIS IS SO AWESOME. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is GREAT!! Now my little sister will have some books for her age! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for Mrs.M, another great idea! I love your new Andi model! She's so cute!

    ~Libby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who is modeling Andi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her name is Julianna, my daughter's #5. Her brother Kevan is Cory. He looks enough like his uncle Ryan (the older Cory) to make it work. Blond, etc.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I think they're perfect! :-)

      Delete
    3. Super Cute!!!!!

      ~Libby

      Delete
  18. You said Circle C Milestones book 4 is scheduled to come out February 2017? Wow, i assumed that 'The Last Ride' would be the last book of the Circle C Milestones series. (ya know, cuz it's called the last ride) well i am very happy to hear that it's not! I love these books and am waiting for book 3 to come out. just curious, is there a name picked out for book 4, yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Last Ride title has nothing to do with which book it is in the series. :-)

      I've chosen Shadows from the Past (because of the return of a bad guy from a previous book. Shhhh . . .)
      But I don't know what my publisher will call it. They may think the title is too long to fit on the cover. As soon as I turn in the manuscript (I'm not finished yet), they will start working on the title and cover.

      But the fans who want Andi to finally get married will get their wish . . .

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!