|sliding down the banister|
But I need a little rest and some lighter, shorter books to write. So for a year or two I'm going to have fun with the Circle C Surprises (tentative name. Kregel my change it. And if you have any ideas on what to call the series, let me know in the comments).
I have six books in mind:
1. Taffy Trouble (when she first gets to ride Taffy, since she can't ride until the horse is three years old).
2. Gold Fever (an Andi and Cory adventure. See picture below. They go on their first horseback ride together up in the hills to pan for gold. Fool's gold; storm; get lost; and old hermit in a cabin; grouchy scary guy turns out to be very nice and sneaks real gold nuggets in their pockets the next morning and shows them the way home.)
|Andi and Cory on an adventure|
4. [no title yet] a summer adventure
5. [no title yet] maybe a fair story, a sequel to Fair Surprise where she can actually bring Taffy to the fair for the first time.
6. Christmas Calamity. I might recycle that "Christmas Interrupted" story I wrote last year and expand it (like I expanded the cattle drive story into Heartbreak Trail). Unless I get a better idea. I am SO WISHING I had not used the blizzard story in the Tales book. *big sigh* That would have been a great book.
Here's where all of you loyal fans come in. As you can see, these are skeletons of real stories. I need ideas. A lot of ideas. Think readers ages 7-10. You are welcome to send me DETAILED ideas for story plots (use the Blogger Contact Form so I don't lose track). Or . . . I may put on a Circle C Surprises idea contest where winners' names will be acknowledged in the finished, real book, like "Special thanks to Susie Smith for the idea for [insert title]." And win a copy of the book, of course.
This shows how fast I am running out of ideas.
So, what do you think? Is a contest a good idea?
Caution. This is a long process. The first book probably will not even come out until Fall 2017. (Circle C Milestones book 4 is scheduled to come out February 2017, a full year after The Last Ride, which comes out this coming February 2017.