Saturday, September 5, 2015

Updated Prize List for the 2016 Story-writing Contest

Before I send out my CCAdventures newsletter to over 3,000 subscribers to officially launch the story-writing contest, I had to make sure the Prize List was exactly right. Hearing how much some of you wanted to win a T-shirt in the recent 100 words or less Circle C Milestones writing contest, I updated and changed around the prizes to include T-shirts for first and second place.

Honestly, I was glad to do it, as this contest has ended up in the past costing me quite a bit of money  (I don't mind because it's so much fun, and I write it off on my income tax). I have sold a good number of the 2013 and 2014-15 contest books on Amazon this year, which has really helped. And . . . the more contest books I sell on Amazon, the bigger and better the prizes I can start adding each year. For now, however, sales are only covering the costs of printing the books, shipping the prizes, and adding a couple new prizes (the T-shirts, journals and Long Ride Home book) this year.

I decided that offering cash prizes for this contest is a bit of an overkill and put me in the hole both years. And a third of the winners didn't even cash their checks for weeks. So, I am limiting the cash prize to First Place this year. Next year, I might do away with it and substitute another prize instead.

I hope you find this new Prize List exciting!


First-place winners receive:
     1. $10.00 cash (U.S. winners only, unless PayPal is available outside the U.S.)
     2. a copy of the paperback book, Along the Western Trail, containing the 12 winning stories.
     3. a copy of the Tenth Anniversary Expanded Edition of Andrea Carter and the Long Ride Home.
     4. a horse T-shirt: choice of three styles and a variety of colors
     5. a Circle C Milestones (or Circle C Adventures) journal--winner's choice
     6. a Circle C Adventures pen

Second-place winners receive:
     1. a copy of the paperback book, Along the Western Trail, containing the 12 winning stories.
     2. a copy of the Tenth Anniversary Expanded Edition of Andrea Carter and the Long Ride Home.
     3. a horse T-shirt: choice of three styles and a variety of colors 
     4. a Circle C Adventures pen 

Third-place winners receive:
     1. a copy of the print book, Along the Western Trail, containing the 12 winning stories.
     2. a copy of the Tenth Anniversary Expanded Edition of Andrea Carter and the Long Ride Home.
     3. a Circle C Adventures pen 

Honorable Mentions receive:
     1. a copy of the paperback book, Along the Western Trail, containing the 12 winning stories.
     2. a Circle C Adventures pen


 

4 comments:

  1. I really like that idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tee-shirt idea. I really want one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaay! So glad that the t-shirt is a prize!!! I will totally be entering this contest!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this list better. :-) I'm so looking forward to entering!!

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!