Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Story-Writing Contest Launches in Two Weeks!

I can't believe how fast the summer has galloped by! School is just around the corner--and for some of you, it's already begun.

The 3rd annual CCAdventures story-writing contest is about to go live on September 1. The rules are polished up, and now the cover is ready to show you. It was so hard to choose a cover, but it seems the majority of you chose cover #1, so I bought that one from Dreamstime. The photos are reasonable over there (about $16.00), and they are easy to slide onto a cover template. I'm trying to keep the black "above and below" look, as well as use the same font. I hope you like it!

 

16 comments:

  1. Looks great! Quick question, Mrs. M. I was an honorable mention in 2013, so I wasnt allowed to enter last year. Will I be able to enter this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well, I'm certainly going to give it my best shot but you all are such talented writers. I know it will be a good competition!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love the cover! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I like the picture and the silhouettes of horse and rider are neat. I'm looking forward to this contest! Good luck to everybody else entering!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I really like the cover. How long will the contest last?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the new cover! It's great! :D I'm so excited for you writers to enter! Good luck to you all! If I was young enough to enter I would...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover!!! Looks Great!
    Mrs M how far away from Fresno is Gold town?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure off hand, but put in a Map Quest thing from Fresno to Mariposa. That is the closest real town to my fictional Goldtown. It would give you a good idea. I used to know but it's been a long time since I've written Goldtown books. :-)

      Delete
  7. Neat! I was a winner last year, so I can't enter this year. But I'll have lots of fun reading all of your entries! :) Good luck, everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I'm so excited!!! :-) The cover is beautiful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do I find the rules?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I post the contest. :-) It will be a link to a PDF file of the Official Rules.

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!