Friday, August 21, 2015

No Chatting Tomorrow for Mrs. M

I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to chat on the box tomorrow (Saturday). We just got our Level 3 evacuation notice so we have to leave our mountain. Now, I ask you: THIS tiny plume might make its way to us from miles and miles away? True, the gray clouds to the right are the BIG FIRE everybody's seen on the news. And there is another to the left that I didn't catch with my cheapy phone camera. No way to zoom. Seems it jumped the river and is intent on licking up every blade of grass and every tree in north-central Washington.

But the wind is whipping and it's better to be safe than sorry. The entire Okanogan County seems to be ablaze if you look at a fire map. At any rate, no chatting for me tomorrow. I'll be far away and probably not thinking about normal things. *sigh*

 

14 comments:

  1. Oh no! That doesn't sound very good. I will definitely be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! I'll be praying too. Hope you and your family, (and your place!) stays safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, my family & I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I am so sorry! I was afraid you'd get evacuated. If you need anything let our family know, we're more than willing to help. Sorry that you had to evacuate, praying your home is okay and that everything is okay and you and everyone else there are safe! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the fire is gotten under control very soon! We'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could send you some of our rain! I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Sorry to hear that. Prayers going up for rain in Washington state...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will pray for lots of rain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry! I'm praying.

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for you, Mrs. M. We live in Eastern WA, as well, but our little town is, so far, safe. VERY smokey, but no evacuation Warnings yet (Well, the whole Okanogan county is on a level 1 evac., but other than that...) We have some friends up on the mountain you live on, that also had to evacuate, but are back home now, praise the Lord. :-) We're keeping everyone affected by the fires in prayer. (We also could use prayer, please! :-))

    -Sadie Beth <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw blue sky straight up today, Sadie Beth! It smells only a little smoky right now. Prayers for you!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the Prayers! I haven't seen blue skies here, for awhile! :-P Yesterday, though, we could kinda see the sun through the smoke! :-) It feels less smokey out (meaning we can kinda see the outlines of the mountains around us.), but I think we're getting a little used to the smell of smoke. :-( Prayers for my older sister would especially be great! The smoke is very hard on her. Thanks again! :-)

      -Sadie Beth

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!