Friday, August 28, 2015

Meet Suzy-Q (the horse, not the girl)

I have to share some pictures of the new "Sadie" from the Circle C Stepping Stones. Andi's new friend, and her horse Suzy-Q (hey, they did not name her; she came that way). They went last night to Yakima and brought home to Ellensburg this adorable, 14.1 hh, half Arabian, half Quarter horse, eight-year-old "bomb proof" mare. She has a few nicks from being low horse on the herd totem pole, which is a good thing in my mind, as it makes her a mellow and not bossy equine.

Ellie is ten and a half. Her mother (my daughter) Kristel got her own horse, Panda, when she was eleven and a half. I bet Kristel will have no trouble getting Ellianna to get her schoolwork done this year. Kevan is excited too. There are six (out of eight) non-allergic children in this family, so Suzy-Q will get plenty of lovin'. She already whinnies whenever she sees Ellie, "Come play with me!" Ellie brings her carrots and just "hangs out" with Suzy-Q. 
Look at that smile! And that calm horse (after a harrowing ride home in the trailer).

I can't believe this horse is letting Ellie do this after just meeting. Note the PINK halter! LOL

No lack of attention here.
Suzy-Q, probably happy to be in her new home and away from the horses who picked on her.

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful horse! Are you going to use her in one of your books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad they got a safe and bombproof horse! I know when we were talking you had some concerns, but it looks like they got a nice little mare. So glad. :) Thanks for sharing! Love the pictures. I now know of three Suzi-Q's. It's a popular pony name. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, what an adorable horse! She looks like a big sweetie! :)
    Hmm, Suzi-Q DOES seem to be a popular name... I've seen quite a few goats named that as well as horses. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! How cute! :D

    -Sadie Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love her! so cute!
    Cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Ellie is so cute!!! The horse is pretty, too! I would love to go riding more, but there's hardly anywhere near us where we can go. We do ride sometimes (usually bareback, which is fun), when we visit our cousins in Texas, though. Have fun with your new horse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's gorgeous!! Arabians are some of my favorite horses. I hope SuziQ and your granddaughter have a lot of fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Suzi-Q is pretty! I wish I had a horse. :( So glad for Ellie though.:)
    Mrs. M, when will the winners for the Circle C Milestone writhing contest come out?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did they get Suzy Q from? so cute:) your granddaughter is going to have a lot of fun:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From a horse trainer in Yakima, WA. This lady has lots of horses and even a ZEBRA, whom she bred to a mare and she got a brown/black striped foal. I would love to see that one!

      Delete
  10. Awesome! I know what it's like to get a new horse! So fun and exciting!

    And Susan, when today are the winners for the 100 word contest getting published and the emails sent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My publisher said they'd announce the winners today, and it looks like they have:
      http://marlowcontest.weebly.com/winners.html

      Delete
  11. Wow! So pretty! I don't think we have any horses like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mrs.M, do you have a blog for the Goldtown Adventure series? (Random comment)

    Lexah Nelson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a page of photos but there's no tab for it right now. But you can read gold stories and see pictures of all the Goldtown characters by going to the official Goldtown website:
      www.GoldtownAdventures.com

      Delete
  13. Aww!! They look like the perfect pair! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the horse! Adorable pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hola! I've been following your weblog for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from
    Humble Texas! Just wanted to say keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mrs. M,
    Will you be at the 2018 Oregon homeschool conference next year??? We haven't seen you there for a few years! Thanks! Love your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I answered this in your other comment. 😉

      Delete
  17. I know, but I totally forgot how I got there! I was looking through some of your old posts, and I clicked on any link I ran across, and then, when I saw a place to comment, I did. Then I realized I didn't know how to get back to see your answer! So if you wouldn't mind..... could you please send your answer again? =) Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had planned to go to the OCEAN in 2018, but then I saw it is the same weekend as the WHO, and I'm already signed up for the WHO. Sorry! Mrs. M

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!