Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Photo Friday: Meet Sultan!

This horse catches Andi's eye from the very first time she sees him. She barely notices Sultan's rider at first. Andi would like nothing more to ride this magnificent horse--so unlike the cow ponies she's used to seeing on a hard-working trail drive. In fact, she'd like to get to know Toledo better, just so she can get an invite to ride his horse. Does she manage this feat? You will have to wait and read the book.

In the meantime, I can't thank you enough for finding all the links for me to click over to (the comments come to me as emails, so I don't even have to copy and paste the link. I just click)!

As I receive more pictures that show Sultan's amazing white coat and striking mane, I will add to this post. For now, meet Sultan--over 16 hands high and he knows he's something special, just by the way he prances and tosses his head. And my, oh, my . . . what a head!
This is exactly how I imagined Sultan would look!
Here is a nice picture, and although it doesn't show Sultan as stark white as the one above, it's nice to have him in a picture running:
Here are a couple more that came in later:
I think the rest of the black mane is on the other side?
Hey, I'm good with some gray markings . . .

14 comments:

  1. Perfectly beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! I can't wait to read the book!!! ;)
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beeeautiful! Can't wait for the book to come out! I have some suspicions about how it will turn out and parts of the book based off of that short story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That short story gave me a skeleton of ideas, and of course I scrounged whatever I could from the story to add little twists here and there, but a bundle of new things (i.e. Toledo, for one thing!) add some surprises, Bethany. I'm excited for this one to come out!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you liked those pictures! I think the first on is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love the first pic. What a stunning horse!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about *Taffy*?! :O

    AnywAAAY, wow, beautiful pictures! Can't wait to read the book! :D

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about Taffy? LOL I have a gazillion pictures of her. I thought they were already on this blog, but I will check. I can do a post on her if I can't find her here already. Type "Taffy" into the search box and maybe you'll find it.

      Delete
  7. What a beeeeuuutiful horse! I love him. He kinda reminds me of the Black from 'The Black Stallion' , not his colors but his personality . :o

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does Sultan mean anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just thought it was a princely sounding name. :-)

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!