Monday, March 2, 2015

Contest Winners!

Drum roll for the 12 contest winners of the second annual Circle C Adventures/Beginnings/Goldtown story-writing contest! The stories were great. I ended up with 74 entries, which is a lot of stories for the judges to read! I mailed the cash prizes, the posters, and the books to the winners last week.

You can buy a copy of the book for only $6.29 on Amazon. Eventually, I'll put up the Kindle version, but the week is shaping up to be brutal, so it will be a while before I can do that. Here is the link to buy the book: Beneath the Western Sky.

It turned out very, very nice, with illustrations too.

And now . . . here are the winners! Congratulations, young authors!

AGES 6-9:
1st place: Adahmariyah Kelley, age 8: "Finding Pickles"
2nd place: Aaremey Cathey, age 8: "Andi's Birthday Crisis"
3rd place: Grace, age 9: "The Gift"
Honorable Mention: Sarah Sargent, age 7: "Cave Trouble"

AGES 10-13:
1st place: Grace Cary: "Truth or Tale?"
2nd place: Lauren Friesen, age 13: "Andi's Double Victory"
3rd place: Lauren Thomas, age 13: "Stolen"
Honorable mention: Kaitlyn, age 13: "They'll Know Us by Our Love"

AGES 14-17:
1st place: Roseanna Martin, age 14: "The Hidden Plot"
2nd place: Jesseca Wheaton, age 16: "Through Times Unclear"
3rd place: Elizaveta Korobleva, age 14: "Chad's Great War"
Honorable Mention: Heidi Brown, age 15: "No Greater Love"

30 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners! mrs m. will you put up a link on the blog so we can read the winners stories like you did last year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Winners!
    --Eve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs M had you said that the person who came up with the title for the contest book would get a free copy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? I think I did. Was it you? If so, Email me your address and I'll get it to you this week sometime. :-)

      Delete
  4. Congrats to all the winners!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job to everyone and congratulations to the winners! I had a lot of fun in the contest last year and I'm sure you all had fun this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Everyone!!! :-D

    -Sadie Beth-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations contest winners!!! And everyone else who participated. I am sure you all did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winners! I'm so happy for you all! I didn't recognize anyone's names except for Jesseca's, so I'm so excited we have so many writers from other places! I can't wait to read all your stories. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to all winners! I'm so excited for ya'll! :D

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats:-) Winners!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So excited for all you winners! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job everyone! I can't wait to read the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome job writers! I didn't enter this year because I didn't have any good reasonable ideas :-) I had plenty of ideas, but they were all too crazy to turn into a sensible story lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crazier the better in my opinion, Audrey!! Lol;):)

      Delete
  14. How much will the kindle version cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably $2.99, but it will be a while before I get it up there. I have to relearn how to format it before I upload it. *sigh* I did it for the first contest book, so I'm sure I can do it again, but it takes time to re-read the instructions.

      Delete
  15. Congratulations all winners!!!!!! :) :D And good job to everyone else who entered in too!!! :)

    ~ Blessing Counter

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks everyone! It was really fun to enter this year... I don't think I tried last year. Thanks Janelle for inspiring me to write! And to Mrs. M, for all the work you put into this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, everybody!! And especially thanks for putting the contest on. So much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mrs. M, is there going to be a writing contest this year? I would LOVE to work on a story using Andi and her friends and become a published author. :)

    by the way, your book are GREAT!
    ~Libby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there is going to be a writing contestants year. You can sign up for the newsletter on the right sidebar if you want to know the day it launches. That should be in September but you can start your story any time you want.

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!