Thursday, January 15, 2015

Contest Entries

By Jesseca's request, I am posting the number of contest entries in each category, for a total of 77 entries:
Ages 6-9: 24
Ages 10-13: 33
Ages 14-17: 18

I know this doesn't add up to 77 actual stories, but I got 77 entry forms (I think a couple of writers didn't end up sending in their stories).

I thought you all would like to see what your entries look like when they go to the judges. Each story is formatted to look like this example (from Thick as Thieves): same line spacing, same font, no name, age category, story title, and entry number). Believe me, I got some interesting fonts and (especially in the little kids' category), LONG paragraphs that needed to be broken up with indenting. (It's a one-step thing to give the stories indents.)

So everybody's story looks alike for the judging. When the winners are announced, I will then go through the winning stories and actually edit them (correct spelling and grammar, run-on sentences, etc.) for the final book. But right now the judges know they are not looking for punctuation issues, just "content" and imagination and the flow of a good story. 

 

12 comments:

  1. I like it, looks like the older girls just cut the rope. LOL! Don't let Taffy get away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting, Mrs. M :)
    I'm really glad you got enough stories for each category!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I'm glad the contest is a go! Thank you for all of your hard work putting this together Mrs. M! I'm excited about reading the stories for this year's contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. M, you said that you hope to be able to announce the winners way before April 1st, but do you know what would probably be the earliest?
    Thanks!
    ~Faith 1Peter 5:7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, no, I don't. It depends when the judges get the stories back to me. I gave them a February 20 deadline, but then I have to do all the book formatting, etc. before I will announce it.

      Delete
    2. Ok, I was just wondering! ;) will the winners know before it's announced on the blog?

      Delete
    3. Yes!!! No surprises to the winners. They will already know who they are before I announce it ANYWHERE. :-)

      Delete
    4. Will you tell the winners as soon as you get the results from the judges?

      Delete
    5. Yes, because they need to confirm their mailing address, etc. for the prizes. But they will be sworn to secrecy until I announce it. LOL

      Delete
  5. Where will you announce the winners? Here on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winners will be announced on Andi's blog, on the CCAdventure Facebook page, and in the CCAdventures Ezine that comes right to your Inbox. You can sign up for that by simply putting in your email. The signup box is just under the Chat Box.

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!