Thursday, January 22, 2015

Brand-new Chat Box

This is fun but a bit more complicated than that freebie one. But safer. It will take some work on everyone's part to actually become a part of it.

The new chat box is a paid one, which guarantees no ads, and I can delete and ban, etc. any kind of spam. It's kind of like a forum. You have to sign up to use it, and I guess I have to "accept." (But maybe not. I just got another one that was "activated" and didn't do anything, so maybe it's easier than it looks.)

Here's the catch. I think I have to accept new users on the main Chat Box site, and I'll only check it once or twice a day. But I think you can still "chat" as a "guest." But then I'll make you a user. So . . . don't freak out if you "sign up" and are not a "user" for a day or two. Listen, it wouldn't even let ME write anything until I signed in. Go figure. I just know that once I'm signed in I have no intention of signing out. LOL

Right now I don't require "registration" (whatever that means) or email verification. But I can change that at any time. But it seems complicated enough (hoops to go through) without enabling even more security measures. The good thing? "Rose" requested a private chat with me. Cool feature! You can privately chat with each other too.

Anyway, I've got this Chat Box for 6 months. (after getting 51 comments in one of my posts, I figured I'd better get that Chat Box back on line, LOL). If we don't use it much or we don't like it, this summer I'll delete it. But I think--once we get used to it--the chat box will be as fun as before and "parent approved," I'm sure.

Please try to sign up for it so I can see if it works!
Thanks!

16 comments:

  1. Thank you Mrs. Marlow! I signed in and it seems to be working for me just fine. :D Thanks for doing this for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you so much, Mrs. M!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Andi! I love the new chat box!

      Delete
    3. I love it too! So much fun! :)

      Delete
  2. Jesseca, your name is not on my "manage users" list. Did you sign up? If not, did you just start typing in the box and it worked? Which one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to 'sign up' and 'register'. It wouldn't let me put in a user name. I tried a couple times, but even when I did enter one, it said "must enter username". . .

      Delete
    2. Try refreshing the blog page. If it still doesn't work, as long as you can still CHAT (as as gray guest, LOL), I'll know it's you.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ask Jesseca what she did to get on, since it wouldn't let her for a while either. Try refreshing the page and starting over.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Mrs. M for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Andi! This is such a big help! No more spammers! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Mrs. M for caring enough to pay for this chat box. You're the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Mrs. M! Your so awesome for paying for us to do this! :D

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot figure out how to enter a message...answers anyone?

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!