Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Votes Are In!

The votes are in: the name "Benjamin" won by a larger margin; "Richard" was second place, but not close enough to do another vote between the two. So "Uncle Benjamin" it is (or "Uncle Ben"). It has a nice ring to it and I like it. Thanks for your help! Now . . . I have to go change the Family Tree and eventually update that post.

Daniel, age 17
Here is a picture of my cousin Daniel, Uncle Benjamin and Ellen's son. He is a major character in my adventure in CCM Book 3, The Last Ride. You can read about him on the "My Family" page, but here's a short biography. I'll write more when I get to know him better.

DANIEL CARTER is the son of Uncle Benjamin, my father, James's twin brother. Daniel is the youngest of 4 children and the only one to have survived infancy. He looks enough like my brother Mitch to be his twin, but he is barely 2 years older than I. Their family lives in New York City, where Daniel pretty much does whatever he pleases. (I guess with the "baby" of the family being the only child to survive, Uncle Ben and Aunt Ellen have spoiled him way too much.) When trouble finally catches up with Daniel at age 17, his parents send him out West to our ranch (lucky us), where they hope he will learn the value of hard work.

Stay tuned to see what havoc Daniel can wreak on the Circle C ranch. And since this story is still in the makings, feel free to toss down any ideas that pop into your heads. I don't guarantee that I'll use them, but brainstorming is so much fun, and I've come to appreciate your input. 

 

29 comments:

  1. Yay! We found a name for him!
    One thing though...sorry, I have OCD...it says "but he is barley two years old than I"
    SORRY Ignore me, stupid OCD... :) ya gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to comment on that too Frankie (your not the only one:)
      thanks for the pic and short biography Mrs. M I can't to read this book.

      Delete
    2. I don't know what you girls are reading, but that is not what it says. I just copied and pasted it from above:

      but he is barely 2 years old than I.

      It is spelled correctly, so you must be "seeing" it wrong. At least in the post I'm reading, it's spelled right. :-) (You have switched the "l" and the "e" around in your mind when you read it).

      Delete
    3. Oh, okay. I see it now. It is not that you think I spelled "barely" wrong (since you have it spelled "barely" when you commented, LOL. It is the "old." I will fix that sometime. LOL

      Delete
  2. Cool!!!
    Mrs. M do u still want any pictures of Daniel??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always open. If I find one I like better than this, then Daniel will get a new "face." LOL

      Delete
  3. Awesome!! Can't wait to read the milestones!;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What home school conferences are you going to be at this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord willing . . . 2015 . . .
      Cincinnati, OH
      St. Paul, MN
      Kansas City, MO

      Puyallup, WA
      Portland, OR
      Boise, ID

      and maybe Phoenix again . . .

      Delete
  5. Mrs Marlow... Do you have any pictures of Mr. Foster?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. But if you have some in mind, feel free to send to susankmarlow@gmail.com :-)
      I can "see" him in my head but I have never looked for any for him.

      Delete
    2. Ok, I sent you a couple suggestions!

      Delete
  6. Mrs.Marlow,
    How old is Andi in the Circle C Milestones.
    ----Eve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book 1: 13 & 14
      Book 2: 14 & almost 15
      Book 3: 15 & 16
      Book 4: 17

      Delete
    2. Cool! Does this mean there will be 4 books in the series instead of 6 like Circle C adventures and beginnings?

      Delete
    3. Yes, I proposed 4 books (they are much longer), since I knew I couldn't do 6!

      After that, I might do another "Tales" book with short stories from "between" the Milestones.

      Delete
    4. Awesome thanks!! I LOVE to read (I have read 158 books since 5/15/13). And these are by far my favorite!!

      Delete
  7. Does Taffy die in the third book? If so, he could somehow be related to the cause of her death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and you better believe Daniel is right in the middle of it. *great minds think alike!*

      Delete
  8. If Daniel is two years older than Andi, he is the same age as Johnny Wilson... Havoc could abound if the two met (assuming Johnny returns from military school unaffected).
    --AJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it fine if we try writing stories of what we think will happen when Daniel comes for the blog?

    ---Eve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Eve! That would be fun and perhaps spark more ideas I can use too! :-)

      Delete
  10. Does Andi or any of her siblings marry in the series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! you can ASK, but it's more fun to GUESS. :-)
      Who do YOU think will be getting "lassoed" in the new series?

      Delete
    2. Maybe I'll write a post about it next week and let everybody take a guess. :-)

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!