Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August Trivia Quiz: Trouble with Treasure

August's trivia quiz covers the fifth book of the Circle C Adventures, Andrea Carter and the Trouble with Treasure.

Remember, you can use any means to find your answers, but rereading the book is probably your best bet. As always, Email your answers to me via the "Email Andi Your Questions and Stories" contact form on the right sidebar or by emailing me at susankmarlow [at] gmail [dot] com.  
NOTE: If you do not receive a "Got it!" reply from me, it means I didn't get it and you should try again.
Don't forget: Do NOT post your answers in the comments.
You have through next Monday, August 25, to send me your answers. (Please number them so it is easier to score.) On Sunday, I will post the correct answers and randomly draw ONE WINNER from the correct entries I received. If no one gets 100% right, I will draw from the closest winners. I will announce the winner on the blog. The winner will need to reply via the Contact Form with a mailing address so I can send the prize, which will be when I come across a post office on my travels.

August prize: Patches, gold, a magnet, and a CCA pin
This month I dug around in my "special box" and found Patches, the horse Jenny rides during Trouble with Treasure. I also thought a vial of real gold (worth about nothing!) might be fun to include, since the kids are looking for gold. I threw in another magnet (I have a lot of those!) as well as one of my very last Circle C Adventures pins.

Reminder: Every answer can be found by reading Andrea Carter and the Trouble with Treasure. You may look them all up if you want to (the questions are NOT in order). Have fun!
 



1. When is Trouble with Treasure set?
2. What is the name of Fresno's new deputy?
3. A "thumb-sized" piece of gold weighs about how much?
4. Who is sucking on an ice chip when Andi and Jenny go to town?
5. Everybody ducks their heads in the horse trough except for one person. Who is it?
6. What is the name of Fresno's newspaper?
7. Who do the kids spy walking around the town of Fresno Flats?
8. Which of the Carter brothers joined the posse to track down the bank robbers?
9. What does Cory want to do with the dead rattlesnake?
10. What is the name of the Carters' packhorse?
11. Who goes down the mountain to fetch help for the injured Mitch?
12. What is stamped on the outside of the sacks Jenny finds under the bunk?
13. What food does Andi simply detest eating?
14. What does Andi pull out of the burlap sack?
15. What scares the girls during the middle of the night?
16. Who bandaged Jenny's head?

17 comments:

  1. If 1 was super easy and 10 was REALLY hard, what would you rate these questions as? Thanks! This time I hope to send in the answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and do you mind sending me a private email just saying that you answered my question on you blog? I can't really get a notification that you answered. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. I'd rate it at a 6 or 7, I guess. If you've read the book then the answers aren't that hard, I don't think. And I would be happy to send you an email, if I had your email address. But there are a lot of Bethany's who comment and I don't know which one you are. :-)

      You can sign up for notifications when you comment. Hunt around and you'll see it. It is in the lower right corner right here and it says "notify me."

      Delete
    3. I'm Bethany from A Great God and Good Cocoa. I met you at the homeschool convention (Valley Home Educators) last year. :-D

      Delete
  2. Are there anymore fan stories to post? I love reading them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I supposed to answer the questions in full sentences?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Just enough to write the right answer. :-)

      Delete
  4. I don't understand what the first question is asking.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "When" is the setting. When does the story take place, like a year or a month, or whatever . . .

      Delete
    2. oh, okay thanks! :)

      Delete
  5. yea!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. M....
    So awhile back you mentioned a online writing program that you had. Is that still up and running?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have time to give the personal, weekly feedback that came with the course, like I used to do. So . . . I have put some of the writing lessons in the "Let's Write" section on this blog's sidebar. I will add more when I can and maybe even organize it from a "start to finish"--when I have time. Sorry!

      Delete
  7. Will the answers be posted today??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you read the post carefully, you will see it says you have through MOnday to answer, and I'll post on Tuesday. :-)

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!