Saturday, August 9, 2014

And the Winner Is . . .

And the name of the 2015 contest book is Beneath the Western Sky.
Janelle came up with that title so she will receive a copy of the book next spring, along with the winners of the contest itself. It's a great title, and so many of you agreed, since it pretty much won "hands down" with a big lead. I never would have thought of it.

Now, the next stage will be the cover design. I am taking suggestions for cover art: color, the look, silhouette or photos or . . .? Have at it! I love brainstorming with all of you!



10 comments:

  1. Congrats, Janelle. I really like the title. :)

    Now, about cover ideas I think a night sky would look nice with maybe a silvery silhouette of a horse and rider, that way it could be either Andi or Jem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Janelle!

    Mrs. M, who are the judges going to be for the story contest? Are they going to be the same ones as last year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll see when I post the Contest Blog entry. I have a couple news ones this year. :-)

      Delete
  3. I love the title, Janelle! I think I need you around when I'm trying to think of titles for my stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Jenelle. That was a great idea, the title you came up with is fantastic.
    Mrs. M I like Samantha's night sky idea for your book cover. another idea would be to have a western background with picture of Andy on one side and Jem on the other. But if your planning on using stories not specifically about Jem and Andy then maybe the silhouette idea is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another idea when the idea came out I was thinking a sunset kind of color for the back round the moon is really pretty too but just another idea and pretty purpley orngey pinky redish yellowish sunset :)

    Just another idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Janelle! :) You already have a new book with a sunset/sunrise back round, so I go with the starry night idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!