Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Slight Snag

Gentle Readers, we have a problem.

I went to see how (or if) I could buy the blue/night photo from Dreamstime, and I learned a horrible new reality! I can no longer just "buy credits" when I want. I have to choose a "plan" and since I hardly ever buy stock photos, this "plan" is no good to me. I have to have a subscription (the cheapest being $39, and I don't know if that includes having to buy the pictures on top of that). So, I am somewhat discouraged. I used to buy pictures by the "credit." I used up my credits then bought more. This is a blow, because most of you really like the blue/night cover idea. And worse . . . the links you sent me are similar requirements. I will investigate this snag a bit more (maybe the $39 is to be used on credits and it's good for a year?) I don't know.

I feel really stuck. Any ideas?

p.s. Oh, oh, oh! I just found a "link" to some credit packages. Things are looking up!

8 comments:

  1. I hope things work out for you!! :) (Because I really like the front... :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it the same when you buy photos from istock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iStock used to be easier. I could just buy credits for what I needed with my credit card. But I think the last time I checked on iStock, I had to buy a certain minimum. Not happy. :-(

      Delete
  3. Um u can get really good pictures from pinterest but I don't know if that will work for you??? Just a suggestion..: P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no way to tell if the picture on Pinterest are copyrighted or not. I don't dare use anything I haven't either paid for or found in a Public Domain file. I could do it if I was just for the blog (as you well know if you've seen the characters' pictures I've snagged and used). But to put together something that will end up on Amazon. That is too risky. I need to be sure that the cover I use has been acquired legally. :-)

      Delete
  4. Find a good photographer. :) Hope you get something figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about the picture at the top of the blog? That would make a pretty cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Faith, but I don't own that picture. It is wallpaper (desktop background) so I can't use it commercially. You see the difficulties, right? :-) There are a LOT of pictures to choose from if I could use them legally; not so many otherwise, unless I want to pay big bucks. And I haven't seen this banner on any of the royalty-free $$ sites to buy. But if I did I would consider it. :-) Can you find it?

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!