Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Let the Voting Begin!

I received so many fantastic suggestions for the title of the 2014 short-story contest book! It was very hard to choose the Top Twelve. I could not put them all down (especially the long ones, or the Blogger poll would have stretched the entire length of the sidebar)! What I did was choose (or modify) the titles to keep them short. Book titles need to be kept short. The title suggestions could be included as a sub-title at a later date. For instance, Anne's suggestion: "From Mining Gold to Raising Horses" or someone's "From the Ranch to the River" would be a good subtitle, depending on which main title ends up being the name of the book. But by itself, they're too long to be a main title. Does that make sense?

You have two weeks (poll closes August 6) to choose 2 of your favorite titles. Please vote only once, and please do not choose more than 2. After the voting, I will compile the top 4 or 5 and then put up the final voting. Have fun!



9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read the stories!
    Mrs.M, I have a question:
    What type of font should I use when the person speaking is speaking out of a phone or radio or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use regular font. Sometimes writes make the "other voice" in italics. That's probably okay too. There aren't any "hard and fast" rules.

      Delete
    2. Alright, thank you!
      ~JT

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. September 1, Lord willing and I get everything together in time. :-)

      Delete
    2. Mrs. Marlow: Congratulations! You've been given the Liebster Award! Check out my blog for more details. (4rmeddy.blogspot.com)

      Delete
  3. Way out West is by far my favorite! It totally sounds like a title describing Old California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It just sounds so perfect!

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!