Remember, you can use any means to find your answers, but rereading the book is probably your best bet. (Don't forget to read the historical note at the end!) As always, Email your answers to me via the "Email Andi Your Questions and Stories" contact form on the right sidebar or by emailing me at susankmarlow [at] gmail [dot] com.
NOTE: If you do not receive a "Got it!" reply from me, it means I didn't get it and you should try again.
Don't forget: Do NOT post your answers in the comments.
|July's prize: notebook, magnet, and CCA pen!|
Reminder: Every answer can be found by reading Andrea Carter and the San Francisco Smugglers. You may look them all up if you want to (the questions are NOT in order). Have fun!
1. Justin and Andi catch the ferry to San Francisco in which city?
2. What 3 creeks usually flooded Fresno every year?
3. What does "Que triste!" mean?
4. What is the name of the Chinese laundryman's son whom Andi knows doesn't attend school?
5. Jenny Grant comes from which part of the country?
6. Lin Mei is a mui tsai. This means she is a ____________________.
7. Andi is the best young rider of which county?
8. What do the Chinese call California?
9. Where do the rich and important people of San Francisco live?
10. What game does Andi teach Lin Mei?
11. What is the stable boy's name?
12. Who captures Andi, Jenny, and the little Chinese girls?
13. Miss Whitaker is upset for 2 reasons. One reason is that Lin Mei is missing. What is the other reason she is upset?
14. Aunt Rebecca lives in a big mansion in what part of San Francisco?
15. Who hides the girls when they are running away from the sailors?
16. Where in China is Lin Mei from?
17. What are the names of the 2 missionaries who rescued girls from the Chinese slave trade in the 19th century?