Monday, July 21, 2014

July Trivia Quiz: San Francisco Smugglers

July's trivia quiz covers the fourth book of the Circle C Adventures, Andrea Carter and the San Francisco Smugglers.

Remember, you can use any means to find your answers, but rereading the book is probably your best bet. (Don't forget to read the historical note at the end!) As always, Email your answers to me via the "Email Andi Your Questions and Stories" contact form on the right sidebar or by emailing me at susankmarlow [at] gmail [dot] com.  
NOTE: If you do not receive a "Got it!" reply from me, it means I didn't get it and you should try again.
Don't forget: Do NOT post your answers in the comments.

July's prize: notebook, magnet, and CCA pen!
You have through Saturday, July 26, to send me your answers. (Please number them so it is easier to score.) On Sunday, I will post the correct answers and randomly draw ONE WINNER from the correct entries I received. If no one gets 100% right, I will draw from the closest winners. I will announce the winner on the blog. The winner will need to reply via the Contact Form with a mailing address so I can send the prize, which will be when I come across a post office on my travels.

I picked up 2 of these little notebooks at the convention, so I am giving another one away this month, along with a pen and a Circle C Adventures magnet.   

Reminder: Every answer can be found by reading Andrea Carter and the San Francisco Smugglers.  You may look them all up if you want to (the questions are NOT in order). Have fun!

1. Justin and Andi catch the ferry to San Francisco in which city?
2. What 3 creeks usually flooded Fresno every year?
3. What does "Que triste!" mean?
4. What is the name of the Chinese laundryman's son whom Andi knows doesn't attend school?
5. Jenny Grant comes from which part of the country?
6. Lin Mei is a mui tsai. This means she is a ____________________.
7. Andi is the best young rider of which county?
8. What do the Chinese call California?
9. Where do the rich and important people of San Francisco live?
10. What game does Andi teach Lin Mei?
11. What is the stable boy's name?
12. Who captures Andi, Jenny, and the little Chinese girls?
13. Miss Whitaker is upset for 2 reasons. One reason is that Lin Mei is missing. What is the other reason she is upset?
14. Aunt Rebecca lives in a big mansion in what part of San Francisco?
15. Who hides the girls when they are running away from the sailors?
16. Where in China is Lin Mei from?
17. What are the names of the 2 missionaries who rescued girls from the Chinese slave trade in the 19th century?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!