Monday, June 23, 2014

June's Trivia Quiz: Family Secret

Here we go again!
June's trivia quiz covers the third book of the Circle C Adventures, Andrea Carter and the Family Secret. By coincidence, I am reading it right now to refresh my memory about Levi (because he is making an encore appearance in book 2 of the Circle C Milestones, Danger Trail (the working title). I want to make sure I remember the character so he is realistic (but matured) in this second book.

So, Family Secret is fresh on my mind and hopefully I can come up with some good trivia questions for you. As always, Email your answers to me via the "Email Andi Your Questions and Stories" contact form on the right sidebar or by emailing me at susankmarlow [at] gmail [dot] com.  
NOTE: If you do not receive a "Got it!" reply from me, it means I didn't get it and you should try again.
Don't forget: Do NOT post your answers in the comments.

You have through next Saturday, June 28, to send me your answers. (Please number them so it is easier to score.) On Sunday, I will post the correct answers and randomly draw ONE WINNER from the correct entries I received. If no one gets 100% right, I will draw from the closest winners. I will announce the winner on the blog. The winner will need to reply via the Contact Form with a mailing address so I can send the prize, which will be when I come across a post office on my travels.

Prize: mini-notebook and pen
This month's prize is something I bought at Miller Pad and Paper at the homeschool convention in Virginia. It is a small, cute, horse NOTEBOOK, about 3"x 3". I knew right away I wanted to use it for a trivia prize! I apologize for the photo. I took it with my cell phone and the room was kind of dark. I will also include a Circle C Adventures PEN so you can write in your mini-journal.  

Reminder: Every answer can be found by reading Andrea Carter and the Family Secret. You may look them all up if you want to (the questions are NOT in order). Have fun!



1. What is Betsy's real name?
2. How old is Hannah?
3. What is the name of the old "ghost" town on the banks of the San Joaquin River?
4. How old is Katherine in this book?
5. Give the two names Andi's new and unwanted brother-in-law goes by.
6. How many marbles did Levi steal from Jacob Powers?
7. How old was Katherine when she left home?
8. What is the name of Hannah's doll?
9. What is the name of the foreman of the Circle C ranch?
10. Who rescues Andi from nearly drowning in the flooding creek?
11. What did Andi give Hannah to keep her from crying when her father took her away?
12. When Andi ran upstairs to change out of her muddy overalls, who caught her and swung her around?
13. Who goes to San Francisco for 2 weeks?
14. What is the name of Levi's horse?
15. What are the names of the 2 bear cubs in the story Andi tells Betsy during the thunderstorm? 




6 comments:

  1. yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!!!! Mrs. M is Jenny Grant good at ridding?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in the new short story, "Where the Trees Meet the Bay," Jenny, Andi, and Gideon (and I think Micah), jenny's brothers, all go riding in the old Army land of Point Defiance, when Andi goes to Tacoma to visit Andi. So I'd say, yes, Jenny knows how to ride. I think most kids knew how to ride in those days like most kids eventually learn how to drive nowadays.

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!