Monday, June 30, 2014

I need your voice!

Greetings and happy Monday! I would like everybody's opinion about this idea I have regarding the upcoming Circle C Milestones series. Each book in the new series features a character "theme" and includes a Bible verse. Instead of just typing it on the first page before the story starts, I have an idea to make it into a fun font with a graphic. Here is what I came up with for the one for Thick as Thieves. What I need to know is does this work for you? Do you like it? (Not what I wrote; that's settled. But the graphic design that surrounds it). I don't want it to look cheesy or anything. But it reminds me a little bit of the "Howdy" page in the front of the CCA books.

Okay, here is your chance to do a thumbs up or thumbs down.
NOTE: If you find a different graphic that would look better, please leave the URL link in the comments. Even if you do like what I have here, you can still leave a link for other ideas! I'm sure I'll be getting the manuscript back for final editing in the next month or two and I would like send ideas back to the publisher. So, help me out here!
Thanks!
   photo MrsM_zpsa9f216b8.png

19 comments:

  1. I think it looks great!!!!
    Mrs. M I had a random thought, what if you would do a few books about like Andi's daughter???? I don't know it sounds pretty crazy....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not so crazy, but we'd best get her married first, right? LoL

      Delete
    2. That might be a good idea:-)lol

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea! I love the verse and meaning of the word! I think it's perfect, not cheesy at all! :D
    Oh yeah, I like your idea Janelle, it would be great to have a few books about Andi's daughter! Of course, she would be just like Andi... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. What a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea, Mrs. M! I memorized that verse in my Youth group this past year too :-)
    And I think a book on Andi's daughter would be cool too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and appropriate. I think it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Mrs. Marlow! I love the verse idea! :-)

    -Sarah Beth-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic. It's not tacky and it's not childish, I think it's perfect. :)

    -Calamity Rene

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it. I hope she marries Cory instead that mean old Jack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack really isn't mean, he just hung out with the wrong crowd for a while. Johnny is the real pain, I think.
      --AJ
      p.s. The sign looks nice. I think a theme announcement at the beginning is a cool idea.

      Delete
  9. How long will Thick as Thieves be? (page numbers or word count)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it. Especially the verse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. do you know how much the new Andi series books will cost??

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, not yet. I haven't seen the catalog page yet. I think I will see it in August.

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!