Monday, May 19, 2014

Drum roll . . . the cover for Thick as Thieves!

So, what do you think?
You have all been so patient waiting to see the cover for book 1 of the new, upcoming Circle C Milestones series, Thick as Thieves. Before I send out an Ezine to the general list this summer, I think you loyal blog fans have earned the privilege of seeing it first. So, with no further ado, I give you the cover for Thick as Thieves. What do you think? The book comes out in February 2015.

Here's the summary:
 

It’s no secret that Andrea Carter would rather ride her beloved palomino, Taffy, than do anything else. Now Taffy’s having her first foal, and Andi can’t wait to train it to become as good a companion as its mother. The only distraction from those delightful plans is the fear that something may go wrong. When her foaling fears are realized, Andi is grateful for her brother Chad’s intervention. It looks like smooth sailing from now on!

Unfortunately, juggling school and foal training is harder than Andi thought. There’s a new girl at school assigned to sit beside Andi—but Macy Walker is nothing like the other girls. She’s homeless and ill-bred, and her mistakes do more than make Andi uncomfortable; they put her life in danger. Meanwhile, cattle rustlers have suddenly descended on the Valley and the Circle C ranch is a target. These outlaws mean business—and their business is theft.

When the thieves change from stealing cattle to stealing horses, it means heartbreaking loss for Andi. Her unpleasant classmate Macy may hold the key to getting Taffy’s foals  back. Can Andi trust Macy to do the right thing? Does she have a choice?



33 comments:

  1. Nice cover! Wow, that sounds like quite a story. :) When does it come out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love to cover!!!! I can hardly wait for thick as thieves to com out:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Congrats! Can't wait for it to come out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool cover! cant wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH...............................................
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!! I LOVE the new design!!!! Will all of the new books be like this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much, but I'd like them to use different shades of color, so the books are easier to tell apart than the others. :-)

      Delete
  6. SWEET!!!!!!!!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cover! So excited to read this book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this cover! :)
    I know it is a long time to wait to read it but I can't wait!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the cover!!! I can't wait to read it =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. o my goodness! i can't wait to read it!!!! sooooooooooooo looking forward to reading it!!!!!
    ~Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice cover. I can't wait to read it. When does it come out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my that is a long time:|
      Anna

      Delete
    2. It was supposed to come out in October of this year, but *sigh* we had some major revisions to discuss and out of the kindness of their hearts, my editor and the team at Kregel pushed the release date back one season for my peace of mind. They are such a great company!

      I know it is a long time, but I'm sure you will find the story worth the wait.

      Delete
    3. Ok I'm sure I will.:)
      Anna

      Delete
  12. *gasp* It's beautiful! So grown-up and perfect for the new setting! This is one happy reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better make that two! I can't wait!

      Delete
    2. Melissa, I just bought your book, but haven't read it yet. I'm hoping to be able to soon. How old were you when you wrote it?

      Delete
    3. What book? I'm always on the look out for good books:-)

      Delete
    4. If you click Melissa's name, it will bring you to it...

      Delete
    5. My sister bought that for a gift:)
      Anna

      Delete
  13. I really like the cover. One question though, so on the bottom of the cover are those electric lines? (or whatever you call them).
    The cover makes the book look 'older'. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rishona, those are barbed-wire fence lines at the bottom of the book. :-)
      The sillouette of the horse and rider are riding a fence line.

      Delete
    2. okay ;) whoops.

      Delete
  14. I LOVE the new cover, so mature and so...mysterious, in a way. :D So glad they accepted it!

    -Calamity Rene

    ReplyDelete
  15. When is the book coming out?
    Love the cover!!!
    horse crazy gal

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Thank you so much for showing us the amazing new cover!
    I'm surprised it doesn't have the little circle C brand thing in the upper left corner like on the Circle C Beginnings and Adventures series. Maybe it looks more "grown up" without it?
    -AJ

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!