Friday, April 4, 2014

Newest Idea Underway

Here is the sample cover I created
Because of popular demand (for more stories), I went to a lot of work to gather up some of the short stories I've posted on the blog (under "Ranch Stories"), fix them a lot, write a few more stories, and gather them all together in a short-story collection that I am pitching to my publisher. In order to make it look really COOL, I went on Lulu.com  (where you can print your own real books) and made my stories into a real book, like I did for the contest stories. I even grabbed an old cover, erased the original title, and created my own front and back covers. So much fun!

So, here's the deal: the collection has 11 short stories in it so far (and yes, some of them nobody has read yet, like the one about when Andi visits Jenny in Washington Territory). I would like to have an even dozen. This would also bump the word count to 40,000, making the short-story collection the same length as the other Circle C Adventures books. 

Let me know what other questions you would like answered from the books. Those questions spurred me to write the story about the snake Cory gave Andi at the end of Dangerous Decision (which I posted), how it happens that Andi got to ride in the Fourth of July race just before Dangerous Decision begins (which I have NOT posted), what happened to the wild horse Chad had in Long Ride Home that got Andi into so much trouble (which I posted but added a bunch later), and other questions. If any of your questions spark a story then I will write story #12 and include it.

My editor liked the book I showed him and is very interested in the project. It will be fun to watch and see what happens. Since I already have the book printed, even if they say no, I can still offer it after all (after editing and fixing it a lot more. There are a ton of mistakes in it, but I was in a hurry to get it ready before my writers' conference.

Also, for the time being, I am not going to post any Fan Stories. I think most of us are getting a little burned out on them. Hopefully, I can write some things that will keep you interested, like maybe a "Let's Write" post or something historical or maybe even some activities. I'll keep you posted!

 photo MrsM_zpsa9f216b8.png

18 comments:

  1. I think that sounds like a good idea. :) Fan stories are fun, but too many makes me lose interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a story about Levi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about having Levi come back in one of the older books. Haven't quite landed on how yet. But everybody likes hiim. :-)

      Delete
  3. Mrs.M,
    Does Ryley ever come back in the older series?
    Thanks!
    ~ JT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the life of me, I haven't been able to find a place for Riley in the older series since he was never a part of the original CCAdventures books (only the CCBeginnings books, which older readers are not familiar with). It is a dilemma, because I think he'd be awesome! Just can't figure out how to make it work. (And no, Andi is not going to marry him. Sorry.) :-(

      Delete
    2. The only books I have read are the Circle C Adventures, so I don't know much about Riley besides fan stories and his " biography" on the Andi's friends section. He sounds like a nice character though! I hope you can figure out how to add him, because I would love to read about him! :-)
      ~ JT

      Delete
  4. Here's my question: I'd like to know more about Andi's extended family. We're familiar with Aunt Rebecca, but what about some other Uncles or Aunts or cousins?

    I'm so glad the editor liked the book proposal. :D

    -Calamity Rene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a good idea! I would love to know more as well!
      ~ JT

      Delete
    2. You will get way more than you bargained for about Andi's extended family in Book 3, the Last Ride. :-)

      I haven't developed any of the extended family on Andi's Mom's side.. Maybe I should dig into that family tree and see what I can do!

      Delete
  5. Who does Andi's siblings marry? And who does Andi marry? We've had a TON of fan stories about possible mates for all the Carters, but I don't think there's been any answer to these questions from your stories yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does Johnny ever come back from Military School? I was also wondering if Andi ever sees Lin Mei and Juan Carlos again?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What about the story Justin mentioned to Andi in Dangerous Decision about when Chad stuffed Freddy Stone's mouth full of dirt??? That would be funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds fun! Hmmmm . . . I'll see if I can think of something for that one. :-)

      Delete
  8. Kristina Van GorpApril 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM

    In Price of Truth Andi says that Peter Wilson and Mitch used to let her tag along with them. You could write about that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should write one about when the dad died!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? Another reader suggested the same thing. She can't seem to comment so she emailed me instead. :-)

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!