Monday, April 7, 2014

Meet the Characters

Macy Walker
Now that the first book of the Circle C Milestones, Thick as Thieves, has been turned in (finally!), I thought I would introduce a character for one of the threads going on in the new story. Her name is Marcella Walker and she's quite something (she's no Jenny Grant, that's for sure). Andi probably would not have paid too much attention to this new girl at school, except for the fact that "Macy" gets assigned to occupy the vacant spot at Andi's double-seated desk. Not for the first time, Andi mourns the fact that Rosa, her dear friend and former seatmate, has had enough of school and decided to quit! Worse, the classroom is packed tight with new students. Andi tries her best to get a new seat and rid herself of this painful "thorn in the flesh." One can't help but wonder how that works out for her.
Ty, Jase, and Rudy Walker

I love finding pictures on line that help me "see" my characters. The one above is perfect. Macy is 13 and wild. She pops one of Andi's friends in the eye (I won't tell you who) and nobody can retaliate because of . . . well, let's just say she has some pretty scary brothers who figure prominently into the overall plot of the story.
 

16 comments:

  1. I love it! I am so excited for the new book! Great Characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read the book!!! Will you be showing any other characters? I LOVE CHARACTERS!!!! :-)
    ~ JT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well . . . what other characters? Let's see . . . Cory's in it, and all of Andi's family. Do you mean showing pictures of them?

      Delete
    2. Oh, I meant new characters. Pictures of old characters would be fun too though!!!
      ~ JT

      Delete
  3. How Exciting!!! I can't wait to read the book either!! :-) :-D


    -Sarah Beth-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh... Sounds good!!!! How old is Andi supposed to be at the beginning of the first book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thick as Thieves opens about 4 or 5 months after Price of Truth, so Andi is going on 14. By the time the book ends, Andi IS 14. :-)

      Delete
  5. When does it come out?? I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thick as Thieves comes out next January. As soon as I get permission, I will post the COVER!!!! It might not be until later this summer, however. Publishers are pretty picky about their covers. They don't want the whole internet seeing them before they present the books to their sales teams (who go around pitching the new books to bookstores).

      Delete
  6. AHHHH! You leave me on the edge of my seat! :) I can't wait to get the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds really exciting, I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs Marlow...
    I have two questions for you...
    1. Can you do a "Let's Write" post o how to think of story beginning/intros?
    and 2. Can I do anything with the story I submitted for the story contest?
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure . . .
      1. I'll work up a Story Beginnings "Let's Write" for this week.
      2. You can do anything you want with the story you submitted for the story contest. It is YOURS! What did you have in mind? :-)

      Delete
  9. Are Jack and Johnny in the series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack is, and Johnny comes "back to town" in book 3. :-)

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!