Thursday, January 16, 2014

Meeting the Grants Part 7 . . . by Rebekah

Sorry! I don't know what happened. I just noticed this post never went up automatically this morning. Here it is now. The conclusion of a leisurely summer visit with the Grant Family.


And so the days passed, one rolling delightfully into the next as Andi spent her vacation with the Grants. She had never enjoyed a vacation more in her life, and she was sorry when the time grew nearer for her to leave.
The Grant family, the last day they were to stay, threw a party in their honor at their house, and Andi said her last goodbyes. She even felt tears come to her eyes as she hugged Jenny for the last time, but brushed them away somewhat angrily. She would see Jenny again, soon, and nothing was going to spoil it.
She shook all Jenny’s brother’s hands, and they returned her grip solemnly. So solemnly that Andi almost smiled, but swallowed it last minute, realizing she was going to miss them all. They were practically her family now! At the stagecoach door, she gave one last wave to the Grant family, and she thought she saw Micah grin smugly. Was that her imagination? She forgot tears for the moment, and jumped in, next to her brother and her bag.
Suddenly, as the stage coach lurched into action, Andi felt something wiggle inside her bag. She put her hand in, and pulled out a snake! Mitch chuckled.
“I guess Micah decided to give you one last parting gift.” He said. 
Andi grinned. Hanging out the window again, she waved back at Micah, a small figure now, and thought she saw him return the wave. She leaned back against the seat, and let out a happy sigh, the snake safe inside her bag again.
“I think I’ll share him with Cory.” She said thoughtfully, but Mitch offered no reply. He was gazing drearily out the window. Andi patted his shoulder gently, and he gave her a sad smile. Andi raised an eyebrow in surprise. Mitch missed the Grant’s too! She sighed. “Don’t worry, we’ll go back soon.” 
Mitch looked at her. “Do you really think Mother would let us?” he asked, almost happy again. 
Andi shrugged. “I sure hope so!” she replied. 
Mitch let out a long breath. “Me too.” 
Andi looked at him in amazement. “I thought…” she began. 
Mitch interrupted. “That was before I met Seth and Eli.” He said. 
Andi grinned.“So you’re leaving friends too?” she asked. 
He nodded, and then grinned. “I least I’ve got one thing to look forward to.” 
Andi frowned. “What’s that?”
“Home!” he replied. 
Andi knew he was right. Any place was nice for a while, but there was truly no place like home.


 

18 comments:

  1. That was beautiful!!!!!! Wonderful story Rebekah:D I loved it. You're an awesome writer...I hope you write more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered where the end of the story way. Rebekah E., this is one of my favorite fan stories because it was all so real. You really did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a beautiful story!
    Would you mind if I wrote a story continuing this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you agree, Rebekah E. It is fun when we can give each other ideas for more stories! :-)

      Delete
    2. Sure! I don't mind at all! Feel free to, after all, my fan story was merely "continuing" Mrs. Marlow's books! :)

      Delete
  4. That was an AMAZING ending!!!!!:-)
    This has been one of my favorite story's:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to you all! :) I loved writing it, and I hope to write another soon! :)
    Any ideas anyone?? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should make one about Aunt Rebecca coming over to the ranch!

      Delete
    2. I am in the process of writing a story where Andi,Justin,and Cory are in a train crash! they're actually going to visit Jenny:-)

      Delete
    3. Hey I got one! Remember the guy in the first book that told Andi were she might find Taffy? He kept calling her Missy and he was a cattle hand or something. They met in the town where Andi and Rosa's family find work... Well, you should have him come to the ranch looking for work and he and Chad just don't see eye to eye. Maybe he likes to be the boss too. But Andi likes him and Melinda REALLY likes him. hahha just a thought....

      Delete
    4. Hm...I'll give them all a thought. :)

      Delete
    5. Would anyone mind if I used these ideas in one of my stories?

      Delete
  6. That was a very lovely conclusion to a wonderful story! Can't wait to hear more about the grants in the future! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great story!! I loved it. It was so much fun to read about Jenny and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! I really needed to read this today. It's like God put this story up at the perfect time!
    ~ JT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rebekah this is a great story! One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!