Friday, January 17, 2014

Dog Names and Illustrators

TUCKER
The votes are in. The two highest votes went to "Ranger" and "Tucker." Of the two, I chose "Tucker," which I think will work a little better for how I plan to use the character. I thank you very much for your input and voting. Always fun. Always a pleasure!

I will give you one hint. Tucker belongs to Luke Prescott, a major character toward the end of book 2.

In other news, I have been compiling the "Ranch Stories" from the blog and editing and formatting them to be included in a new short-story collection I hope to pitch to Kregel the end of March. Yes, there are many stories in that book you have read here on the blog. However, for sure there are three new ones: "Britches Are Not for Little Girls," (the story of why Andi is allowed to wear overalls, when that was certainly not the norm), "Where the Trees Meet the Bay," (when Andi boards the steamer, Yosemite, and goes to Tacoma to visit Jenny.) Ever since nearly drowning at the end of Family Secret, Andi hates water. Tacoma is on Puget Sound. Wait till you see what happens! The other new story is "Hurrah for the Fourth of July!" The story of the Fourth of July race Andi ran with Cory just before Dangerous Decision, and how it came about that she was in the race in the first place. Things are not what they seem . . .


16 comments:

  1. Sounds great!! :D
    I really like the name Tucker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I like the name Tucker too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Tucker is such a perfect name! Will that book be in the stores?
    ~ JT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! :-) Tentatively titled The Last Ride

      Delete
  4. Wow! Is the girl that drew the pictures a girl or a lady? I thought I hear that she was really young or something? She's really good at drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tucker, sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm happy you chose Tucker. :)
    Missie's illustrations are beautiful as always! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tucker is the name of a Golden Retriever who lives down the street from me. :)

      Delete
  7. Great name, I can't wait for the books!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tucker is a good name, it works well. :)
    I love the drawing with the text under it, it gives it an even more 'old western' feel to it. I'll show Missie it after dinner! :)

    -Calamity Rene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! :D Man, Missie's awesome! So many little details <3
      -Hope

      Delete
  9. YES! I really hoped that Tucker would be used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mrs. M did Andi always know Cory,? If not then when and where did they meet?
    Also does Cory have an older brother or sister? Thanks:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andi met Cory in Andi's Scary School Days on her first day of school when she was 6. He gave her a lizard named Pickles. :-)

    No, Cory is the oldest. He has twin sisters who are younger than he is. I did a post on that. You can look for it in the Andi's Friends section, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!