Friday, December 13, 2013

What is Jenny Grant up to?

 
I re-posted this for Rebekah E., who couldn't find it (neither could I!) in the Archives. 

Tacoma, Washington Territory, waterfront, 1880. See the paddle wheel steamer?
It's been so long since I've seen Jenny! She went home last June, after our ill-fated trek up in the mountains with Mitch. (See Trouble with Treasure.) Twice she's written to me. Each time she sent a photograph and invited me to visit her in Tacoma (Washington Territory). I'm not so sure I'm ready to board a steamer and head up to that wild place, however. Here's why:

Honestly, have you ever seen so much water in your life? It looks cold and deep!

A beach in Tacoma. I don't see very many people swimming!
She sent me a picture of a beach, where she actually goes into the water and swims. I've got nothing against water, but even Jenny said it's mighty cold--even in the middle of August. I believe it. I mean, it's the Pacific Ocean washing into the bays up there.

Tacoma. Jenny's house is the big white one dead center. Her father's sawmill is down by the waterfront.
Looks kinda muddy to me. She said you only have to go a little way out of town to get into the woods. She's begging me to come for a visit. Maybe . . . next summer? The only bad thing is that I couldn't take Taffy along.

 

32 comments:

  1. Have you ever been to Canada, Andi? If not, you should!
    It is always nice to see old friends again!
    Ira-Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Ira-Grace, I (Andi) have not been to Canada. It's an awful long way, especially in 1880. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hey Andi(Mrs. Marlow)! Do you go to any conferences in New Jersey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. This year 2013, the farthest East we'll go is to Kansas City. But . . . we are thinking of going back East in 2014. Do you know of any good conferences? How big is the one in NJ, and what is its name, and when is it? :-)

      Delete
    2. Kansas City!!!!!!!! I would love to travel to KC and visit IHOP. (International House of Prayer).

      Delete
  3. Hey Andi!!
    Are you and Virginia best enemies?? Or have you made up with her??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, Annie. I added it to the "list" of other questions you all are asking. Stay tuned! I'll write about Virginia and me in the near future . . .
      ~Andi

      Delete
  4. when are you posting about Jack and the party?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had time to post about the party. How about an earthquake post for now, which is already finished and waiting to be posted? LOL

      Delete
    2. sure! not that i could choose!
      LOL

      Delete
  5. Washington!!! What a wonderful world of water, woods, mountains, and open grass lands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to Washington

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love Washington! You should go, Andi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesseca, Youve been to Washington?! Cool Ive always wanted to go but haven't been there yet!...........Yet!
      Skylar

      Delete
    2. I live in Washington! ;)

      Delete
  8. YEAH IT DOES LOOKS LIKE FUN!!!!!!!
    m,rs. m did you re-post the thing including the comments because i posted a comment on that a long time ago
    well only in November !

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANKYOU!!!!! I've already started my fan story, and got stuck because I didn't have enough information. Thanks SO SO SO much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's interesting!!! I had thought about writing a story about Jenny!!! So maybe some time:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mrs. M. Were the pictures I sent you the right size?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but they were still pretty blurry. And AUGH! I can't seem to find them in my Inbox! I see Jesseca's but not yours. Can you resend?

      Delete
  12. Does Jenny have a horse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she's not a horse lover like Andi, but her family have several horses to pull their carriage and for quick travel into the woods. They also skid logs with horses . . . draft horses, however.

      Delete
  13. do you like Jonny?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like him if he would behave more like a gentleman. :-)

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. No way!
      Besides, I'm to young to like ANYBODY that way. I'd rather ride my horse and go fishing with Cory.

      Delete
    2. he likes you? well, he kissed you in a book

      Delete
    3. Stealing a "kiss" to humiliate me is a lot different than really liking me! If he REALLY liked me, he'd treat me like a gentleman ought to treat a girl . . . with respect and kindness.

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!