Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Plots & Twists part 2 . . . by Jesseca

And . . . here you go! Part 2!


Part 2

Andi quickly went to the kitchen and asked the cook to make the sandwiches. That being finished, she went and sat in the music room and stared out the window. It's too bad I can't go out alone. It's such a beautiful day!  She sighed.
Just then, she saw Mitch ride up, tie his horse to the hitching post, and walk toward the house. Andi ran to the door. “Mitch, what are you doing back?”
Mitch grinned. “I came back for lunch. What did you think?”
“But you’re early.”
“Only about 15 minutes.”
“Well, where's Chad?”
Mitch laughed. “Aren't you happy to see me? I thought you'd rather see me then 'bossy Chad' as you call him.”
“Well, I'm happy to see you. I just wondered where Chad was.”
“He'll be here in a little while,” Mitch replied.
“Say, Mitch, since you got back early, can you come outside with me to saddle Taffy and Thunderbolt? Justin said there are rumors that Hugh Baker has escaped from jail and is in this area so he doesn’t want me to go outside alone.”
“Sure, I can go out with you. Are you and Justin planning on going somewhere?” Mitch asked.
“We're going to town, but we're going to go on a picnic first!”
Mitch opened the door. “Well, let's go! Why don't you saddle Taffy and I can saddle Thunderbolt? We'll get it done faster that way.”
“Sure.” Andi agreed, “By the way, there is Someone named Dick here. He wants to talk to Chad and you about being hired as a ranch hand. Justin told him you would talk it over lunch.”
“Well, I'll be sure to tell you how it goes. Oh, have you heard that Johnny is coming back from Military school?”
“No, I haven't. When will he be back? I sure hope he stays away from me!”
Mitch pulled her braid affectionately. “Don't worry. I'll make sure He stays away from my Little Sis.”
Andi grinned. “Don't tease me. That's Chad's privilege and he isn't here.”
Mitch turned serious. “I mean it, Andi.  I will never put anything past him after he stole a kiss against your will.”
Andi 's face flushed. “Don't remind me! I was hoping to forget about the incident.”
“Something like that you won't forget, Andi . Just try to forgive Johnny. Then don't let it bother you anymore.”
Andi nodded and started to talk then suddenly stiffened.
“What is it?” Mitch asked. Concern evident in his voice.
“Mitch, I think I just saw Hugh Baker!”




 

20 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. Dick seems suspicious. :-D
    ~ JT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. Never mind, Dick does not seem suspicious anymore. Just read part one again. :-D

      Delete
  2. Does Elizabeth Carter have a horse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course! I don't know the name or the color though. LOL

      Delete
    2. We could do a vote! Like we did for thunderbolt:). That was really fun!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Somethings fishy here. Great job Jesseca
    \Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story!!!!!! Its my favorite so far:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no not that guy!
    Rebekah R

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who is Hugh Baker? Is he someone from another book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he was the deputy in Trouble with Treasure. :)
      Nice work so far Jesseca....

      Delete
  7. Thanks! I don't have that book. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the short story!! It is full of suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When r u going to post part 3 Mrs. M?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhhh! Quick! Post part 3!!!!!!! Great job Jesseca.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please Mrs. M! We can't take this suspense! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!