Sunday, October 27, 2013

Surprises! Part 2 . . . by Rebekah E.

Rebekah (she-who-lurks-and-does-not-comment-often) is back with Part 2. Have fun!



Part 2

Andi felt herself being led away and frantically tried to loosen her bonds.
A gruff male voice whispered by her head. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you, Miss Carter.”
Andi felt a barrel of a gun shoved at her back. She grew numb all over. “What do you want me for?” she asked, trying not to betray the quiver of fear in her voice.
There was a harsh laugh. “You have us mistaken, Miss Carter.” The voice replied.
Andi shuddered. Us? There was more than one?  
            “How do I have you mistaken?” she asked carefully.
The barrel of the gun shoved harder into her back, and Andi grew rigid.
            “The less you know, the better,” the voice hissed.
Andi drew away, but was forced back with the ever-present gun. There was silence, and Andi tried to think of something, anything, that could get her away.
            She was led uphill for some time, and she tried to remember the path, but with her guides switching directions every mile or so, it was impossible. When her captors sat her down and removed her blindfold, Andi was completely lost. She looked up at her kidnappers, and gasped.
One was Johnny Wilson, whom she had thought was safe in military school, and the other was Troy, her brother-in-law, whom she had supposed was safe in jail. They stood over her, apparently enjoying her discomfort. Andi felt her anger rising up inside her, but she was truly at their mercy.
“Well, what do you want me for?” she asked coldly.
Troy grinned and sat down next to her, and Andi shrank from him. He chuckled, obviously taking pleasure in her mood. “This is no way to greet your brother,” he said, his breath smelling of bad cigars.
Andi wrinkled her nose in disgust. “I don’t think this was a very good way to greet your sister in law,” she replied, shrinking as far as she could away from Troy.
He laughed harshly, shifting his weight on the rock Andi had been put on. “Maybe not, but I didn’t bring you here just for a friendly reunion with me. I have something I want you to do.” He beckoned Johnny Wilson closer. “I believe you know this young man.”
Andi turned a cold shoulder to him. “If I did, I certainly wouldn’t want to admit that,” she said, noting with satisfaction Johnny’s face darkening.
Troy noticed both things, and seemed satisfied. “Of course. As I was saying, I have a job for you to do, but until you fulfill it, you have to be kept under lock and key so to speak, so this Johnny Wilson has offered his services.” He leaned closer to Andi. “Apparently, he has a reason not to like you,” he whispered.
Andi looked at her brother in law. “What are you getting at?”
“What is my job going to be?” Troy grinned, pushing his hat back on his head. “Now you’re talking!” he exclaimed. “My job for you is this: I want you to write a letter to your family that you are a captive right now, and that your ransom is going to be $5,000, cold cash.”
Andi gasped. “$5,000! Why?”
Troy looked at her. “$5,000 for me to be free from jail and be well on my way to fame and fortune. It’s the least my family could do for me.”
Andi glowered at him. “It looks as if you’re already out of jail.”
Troy grinned. “I had to take things into my own hands, naturally, but I would prefer to be completely free from charge, with a clear conscience.”
Andi snorted, even though she knew well that it wasn’t ladylike. “A clear conscience?” she asked. “It’d take a whole lot more than $5,000 to make your conscience clear again, T.J.”
Troy stood up, his face clouding over. “Are you going to write that note, or do I have to leave you up here with Johnny while I take care of other business?” he said, his mocking grin gone, and in its place a snarl.
Andi swallowed, hard. Troy was growing impatient. “The decision is yours, Andrea Carter. Take it or leave it.”


 

51 comments:

  1. Wow! Troy and Johnny! I never would have guessed!!
    You have done a great job with this story, Rebakah E.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Troy and Johny! Oh my goodness!!!! I certainly would never have guessed that! You keep us guessing Rebekah!
    Mrs. M,
    Have you ever made any thing in a Dutch oven? We made a Cherry cobbler in our Dutch oven last night. It was delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never would have thought of that this is getting good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Troy! I never would have guessed! :O
    Johnny on the other hand...
    its really good Rebekah E.! can't wait for part 3!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a twist! I never would have guest that Troy and Johnny would have kidnapped her! I thought that maby we could each say what r favorite books are. I'm always looking for new good books.
    The witch of blackbird pond , by Elizabeth Spere.
    Roses for momma by Janette oke
    Whinie the horse gentler .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good idea Janelle Martin. :)
      The Bible,
      Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austin,
      I like Lamplighter books too, my favorites are "The Hidden Hand" and
      "The Lost Pearle"
      I also like Roses for Momma. :)
      Circle C Adventures and Circle C Beginnings!! ;)

      Delete
  6. oh yeah, I also love Little Women, and Anne of Green Gables! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes me to the hidden hand is one of my favorites. I hope they make it into a radio drama:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! what are your favorite dramas? Mine are Sir Malcolm and The Missing Prince, The White Gypsy, and The Basket of Flowers. :)

      Mrs. M, where did you come up with the name Johnny? I thought that its funny though, cause it seems that all the Johnny's in movies are bad... :)

      Delete
    2. I can't remember because I wrote the original so long ago! But after I turned it in, I realized that I had too many "J" names: Justin, Jack, Johnny. Worse, "Jack" is a nickname for Jonathan, so I thought: WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? LOL Too late now. The names have grown on me.


      Johnny Tremaine is not a bad guy. :-)

      Delete
    3. oh yeah! he is good, forgot about him....

      Delete
  8. wow!! that is amazing.
    Winnie The Horse Gentler
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Rebekah E.!!! :D
    My favorite books after the Bible are Lamplighters & the Circle C books. :)
    I think so far my favorite Lamplighter is the Lost Clue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to say that The White Gypsy and The robbers Cave r my favorite;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I really like the robbers cave too! :)

      Delete
  11. I cant wait for part 3!
    My favorite book series are:
    Dragons in our midst by: Bryan Davis
    and The 39 Clues by various authors.
    Skylar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hunger games 1 2 and 3:-)
    And circle C beginnings and advenchers by Susan K marlow LOL
    Lina(Evelina)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the
    Circle C books,
    A life of Faith series,
    Viking Quest series,
    Pride and Prejudice,
    Elsie Dinsmore series,
    The Hidden Hand
    Winnie the horse Gentler
    I have a lot more as well but these are some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Elsie Dinsmore's, too!

      Delete
    2. I love the Viking Quest and all the Life of Faith books! :)

      Delete
  14. Wow! I'd have to say that Andi's got some problems here!

    Favorite books? That's hard for someone who read 109 new books last year. I can tell you may favorite author.
    Isabella McDonald Alden (Pansy)

    There are just too many good and really good books to pick just a few.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay Johnny I could have guessed, but Troy?!!! This dose not look good. LOL my favorite books are,
    The Bible,
    The Circle C's, (of corse)
    A life of Faith series,
    The Black Horse of God,
    Little Women,
    Piercing the Darkness,
    This Present Darkness,
    and Roberson Caruso... hehe I have a lot more, but that is some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks to you all!
    My fav. books:
    Any Horse Books!!!!!!!!!!
    (circle c included... :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the Bible, but that was sort of a given, right? LOL :P

      Delete
  17. Hmmm, favorite books.....
    My Bible, if course
    Any story about a missionary
    Circle C
    Grandma's Attic series
    Classic novels such as Black Beauty and White Fang
    I love the audio dramas by Focus on the Family! I have the Chronicles of Narnia and Anne of Green Gables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. audio dramas as Advenutres in Odyssey? because i LOVE those so much!

      Delete
    2. So do I !!
      Aurora.

      Delete
    3. Have you all heard "Jonathan Park"?

      Delete
    4. I've heard of it but never listened to it.

      Delete
    5. I LOVE Adventures in Odyssey and Jonathan Park!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    6. Oo! Oo! Jonathan Park! I LOVE that series!!! :P

      Delete
    7. I met "Jonathan Park" at a homeschool convention 2 years ago!! (seriously, the creator of the JP series was with Vision Forum, and their booth was right next to ours). My grandkids LOVE JP, so we had a picture taken with "JP" so I could show it to the kids when I got home. I have listened to part of one of them, just to see what they're like. They are great! :-)

      Delete
    8. I love the Jonathon Park series!! so cool!
      that's neat that you got to meet them! :)

      Delete
  18. Great job Rebekah! Can't wait for the next part…
    My favorite books are: The Bible, Circle C Adventures, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, and more. :-D
    ~ JT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Nancy Drew too!! :)

      Delete
  19. great job
    i never would of guessed
    the bible circling c books
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait for the next part!!
    So exciting :)
    My favorite books are Circle C Adventures and Riverboat Adventures. I like the Life Of Faith books as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Bible also!!!

      Delete
    2. Did you know that they are no longer called The Riverboat Adventures? I met the author at the MACHE convention in Minnesota last year (Lois Johnson) and we went out and had supper after the convention one night. I saw these "new" books at her booth and started reading one and SURPRISE! It was about Libby and Caleb and I said, "You changed the names of the series and the books!" Indeed, she had. The covers are great. They are now called The Freedom Seekers. Here is her website:

      http://www.lwjbooks.com/

      Query: aren't the Life of Faith books the same as the Elsie Dinsmore books?

      Delete
    3. Yeah pretty much. lol But they are a little different. The life of Faith have other stories like the, Millie Keith, Kathleen and one other girl. They are terrific:)

      Delete
    4. interesting, do they have the same stories, like are they worded the same?
      Rishona

      Delete
  21. This is very surprising I can't wait until part 3
    My favorite books are
    The Bible
    the Kingdom series
    the Circle C series
    and the goldtown series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Kingdom KEEPERS series is that the same?
      Skylar

      Delete
  22. I'm on the edge of my seet right now!!
    Love it! Can't what for part 3
    Aurora.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Andi kidnapped again!
    My favorite books are the circle c
    And the Viking quest series I also like the lamp lighter book white gypsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White Gypsy sounds good! What is it about? I've never read any Lamplighter books. For one . . . they are too expensive for me to give them a "try." And #2, I sometimes struggle with the old books, i.e. Henty books just seem wordy to me and go on and on and on . . .
      Are the Lamplighter books faster moving than Henty?

      Delete
    2. The white Gypsy is about a boy that was kidnapped by Gypsy's after he got in an accident and got amnesia. So he doesn't remember where he is from or what his name is.
      You really have to listen to it. :D
      You also should get the audio, "Sir Malcolm and the Missing Prince", I think that one is my favorite audio so far. :)

      Some Lamplighters are slower reading, but most are great reads.
      I have trouble reading old time English, but I don't have much trouble at all reading these. :)

      Delete
  24. Have iny of you Sean or read the hunger game???????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! When I saw it was written in first-person present tense, I balked (that being my least-favorite writing style), but the writing was so good that it drew me in. I really liked it, but then, I've never backed away from realistic life situations. If you can read about David hitting Goliath, slicing off his head and carrying back to the troops, then the Hunger Games will give you no grief. LOL

      Or the story about the left-handed man sticking his sword through the bad guy's stomach in Judges, or the woman who ran a tent peg through the bad guy's temple. Or Herod slaughtering the babies to get at Jesus.

      I felt the author handled the story well. The movie was well-done also and stayed away from the "usual" things you have to avoid in today's movies. I was surprised because I'd heard all kinds of negative/positive hype about this series. The other two books aren't quite as interesting as the first one, but I did enjoy them too.

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!