Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Old Friends and New Family Part 4 . . . by Jesseca

Guess what! Jesseca sent me pictures! Enjoy!


Part 4 
“Would you like to come meet my brother, Chad?” Andi asked.
“Sure. Would that be alright with you, Ellie?”
Ellie smiled at Andi “I don’t see why not. What's your name?” 
“Well, my full name is Andrea, but most people call me Andi.”
Ellie grown up. Don't let the fancy clothes fool you!
Ellie had a mischievous twinkle in her eyes. “I assume you don't like the fancy name 'Andrea'?
Andi shook her head. “Not at all!”
Ellie smiled. “You sound just like me at your age. My full name is Ellianna, but I like being called Ellie.
Just then Chad and Justin joined them.
Andi turned to her brothers. “Justin and Chad, this is Jem and Ellie. Jem, Ellie, these are my brothers.”
Chad winked at Ellie. “I believe we've met before. It sure is good to see you again, Jem, Ellianna,” he said with a twinkle in his eye as he shook Jem's hand.
Ellie also had a twinkle in her eye. “Mr. Carter, you know I can't stand to be called Ellianna. Just as Kate couldn't stand to be called Katherine and Andi can't stand to be called Andrea.”
“Ahh, but it's always fun to tease!”
Andi was confused. “You know them?”
Chad grinned. “It's been a while, but yes. I met them on a business trip I took with father about 3 years before you were born.”
Jem grown up.
Jem surveyed Chad. “You look worse then you did that time we tried to brand calves. And you got pretty dirty in that scuffle!”
“I'm ready for a hot bath and a soft bed after being out in the weather for 4 days. And so does Justin.”
                                                              
********************
Later that night, it was decided that Ellie would return home with Cory, Justin, Mitch, and Andi, while Jem, Chad, and the other ranch hands finished taking the cattle to Los Angeles.
“How long will y'all be able to stay?” Chad asked Jem.
“Well, a week or two. We are just returning home after visiting our aunt, whom you might remember, in San Francisco. “
Chad laughed. “Oh, I definitely remember her! How could I forget?”
While  Chad, Jem, and Justin  talked, Andi, Cory, and Ellie walked to the doctor’s office to check on Mitch.
While they were walking, Ellie told Andi all about the time Chad had visited and all the mishaps they got into.
Andi laughed. “To think that bossy Chad ever had some adventures!” she exclaimed.
                                                        
**********************
The next day, they left. Chad wired Mother to let them know what was going on and to prepare her to expect guests. Chad and Jem returned home two days later. From the beginning, Andi had noticed how Chad seemed to treat Ellie. 
So, it was no surprise to her when Chad announced his desire to court Ellie.
“I would love to have a sister like Ellie!” she exclaimed. “But Chad, you better watch out. She's a lot like me, and I don't think it would be a good idea to try to boss her around.”
Chad laughed. “I wasn't even planning on trying. Although it is a mystery to me how only one of the girls in my life, my sister Melinda, managed to be a perfect lady!"
                                                                  
***************
Ten months later, Chad and Ellie were married. Ellie's father had given permission and was able to leave their ranch in Goldtown long enough to attend the wedding.
Melinda and Andi and Rebecca, one of Ellie's friends, were bridesmaids while Jem, Mitch, Justin, and Cory were the groomsmen.  Just before the service, Cory whispered to Andi. ”I’ve got a little surprise planned for the newlyweds after the service.”
As Chad and Ellie were saying their vows, Cory winked at Andi. Andi smiled back. I can't wait to see what Cory has planned!
 


 

33 comments:

  1. The pictures are of Jem and Ellie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a cool story. I'm glad its not over can't wait to see what Cory does:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cory has some mischief up his sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a SNAKE!!!! Isn't that what Cory always carries around?
    Cool pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mrs. M,
    Is there any possibility you might show is some of the pictures you're considering using for the covers of the new series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That, I am afraid, I cannot do. :-) I have so few left and I sent Kregel 2 for one cover and only 1 for the second cover. Jessica is shooting some more pictures for books 3 and 4, and I haven not seen them. Trust me, when the time comes you loyal fans will be the first to see any new covers!

      Delete
    2. Okay, I'll try to be patient.
      Who modeled Jem for the Goldtown Covers?

      Delete
    3. That was an iStock model, so I don't know who it is.

      Delete
  6. I like the pics! The girl is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's sweet Jesseca! :)
    is there one more part?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Y'all will get to see what Cory's prank is! :)

      Delete
  8. I know what movie Jem's older picture is from:)
    ~Cowgirl
    Ps.
    I love this story Jesseca, it is definitely one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen the movie?!?!
      If you have, what's it like?
      I haven't, I just saw the cast pictures.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Never mind, I right clicked the image and looked it up on Google... Nothing I've heard of.

      Delete
    4. Hey Mrs. M, how would I delete a comment of mine if I didn't want it on here?
      ~Leah :D

      Delete
    5. You should be able to do that. Note above that Nathan R. did it: "This comment has been removed by the author," meaning the person who wrote the comment.

      Or you can comment UNDER the comment you want removed and I can remove anything. :-)

      Oh, I just noticed that Nathan R is a "link," which means this blog recognizes him when he comes on as a Google member. So that may be a reason HE can delete his own comments. If you are posting as "anonymous," you may not be able to delete it. In that case, you will have to comment UNDER the post you want removed and I'll delete it.

      Hope that helped.

      Delete
  9. Great Story Jesseca!!! This is one of my favorites!!
    I am also currently working on a story about Chad and Jem being reunited, but it(my story) has an entirely different storyline. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what movie is the picture from? Wonder what the prank is!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I have seen the movie ("when calls the heart") and it is very good!
    There are many funny parts and the end leaves you hanging, so I think another one is coming out:)
    Anyway, you should watch it sometime, I loved it!
    ~Cowgirl

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw the movie too! they're making it into a tv show, thats why they left you hanging. can't wait to see it! Good job, Jessica!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, okay that makes sense:)
    ~Cowgirl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome job Jesseca!!! I love it how you brought in the Goldtown characters :) The pictures seem to fit them perfectly too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mrs. M

    am i allowed to copy and paste into my blogging posts, a story of mine, that you have edited and put pictures on? I hope so because i have been doing so, with the Wild Day story and the Kitchen Comedy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my! Of course! It's YOUR story, my dear. Spread the joy around! :-)

      Delete
    2. What is your blog Rishona?
      Btw, that was a great story Jesseca, I cannot wait for the next part! I think I have a feeling what Cory is going to do!
      -Leah

      Delete
    3. Okay, that is what i thought. Thanks!
      Here is my blog i will just comment with it on this one post.

      Delete
    4. Everyone always leaves off at the most exciting time.:€

      Delete
  16. Great story Jesseca! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Mrs. M,
    I don't mean to be impatient, but aren't you going to post the last part of Jesseca's story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it scheduled to post automatically, but I just noticed the "time" is 10:49pm tonight! Whoops! I posted it . . .

      Delete
  18. I really hope cory and andi get married!

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!