Thursday, October 10, 2013

Do Childhood Friends Ever Marry?

I was emailing with a fan, and she mentioned that she can't "see" Andi and Cory ever getting together (as in getting married). She says she likes them better as friends and can't see them any other way. I like them better as friends too, but one can never tell. Here is a true story. Keep reading.

My son Andrew always loved Melinda Jane (you can see where I get the names for my characters). Ever since they were children in my once-a-week homeschool co-op at my house, Andrew was always trying to be next to Jane and hold her hand or something. Jane, on the other hand, mostly liked to beat Andrew up during break time out in the backyard. And she could do it too, as she was an "Andi" kind of a girl and very lively.

Here are four of the eight children in my little homeschool group (I cropped the photo). Andrew, as usual, is trying to hold Jane's hand, and she is shoving it behind her back. He is holding the other cropped child's hand only so he could "get away with" holding Jane's, so he told me as an adult.

Note: Jessica ("Andi" on the covers of the CCA books) is standing right behind Jane. She is 8 years old, and Andrew and Jane are 6 years old.

When Andrew and Melinda Jane were ten years old, she and her family moved across the state and they lost contact with each other. Another ten years went by, and Andrew was at the university, about an hour and half from Jane's college up north. But they did not reconnect until as a family we all went to Jane's older sister's wedding one fall. There, Andrew and Jane reconnected and one year later . . . they were married!


So, I guess that childhood friends can marry . . . especially if God has set them apart from their youth for this purpose. Now Andrew is in the Air Force and Jane is going to be an Air Force pilot (I told you she had a lot of gumption! The sky's the limit with that little girl).

 

22 comments:

  1. So cool!!!!
    Evelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Air Force pilot? I have one word: WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you the same Nate who is Mrs. M's grandson???
      If so, aren't they your aunt & uncle???

      Delete
    2. Yes, Andrew and Jane are Nathan's aunt and uncle. Nathan's mom is Andrew's big sister. Her name is Kristel.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Mrs. Marlow :-)
    That's really cool that they're both in the air force!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's soo cool!!! Child friends/enemies get married at long last lol. She does have gumption!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool story, but I see Cory and Andi together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. They would make a cute, funny couple. LOL! You should make them get married later Susan.

      Delete
  6. That's fun. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet/cool story. They look like another perfect match God has put together! And it's awesome that they are both going to be in the Air Force, please tell them "Thanks for their service to come."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's hilarious that Andrew was always trying to hold Jane's hand!!! Jessica looks a lot the same by the way :)
    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Mrs. M, could you maybe do some more horse quizzes? like for body parts or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to, but right now things are very busy, and I am glad I have all these fan stories to post! :-) Book 1 of the new series is due to the publisher on December 1, and I have not finished revising it yet. So I can only do fun quizzes and things when I have some spare time.

      Delete
  11. I know this is a really old post, but I just wanted to say, Sweet story! ;) love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sweet, good job Jane! Keeping yourself pure is the most important thing.

    ~Libby

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so cool! Yes, keeping yourself pure is so important! Great job, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know this is from awhile ago, but that is so cool. Childhood friend/enemies(from Jane's part at least that is how it seems) to getting married.:)
    <3 MA
    PS do they have any kids now??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no kids. 😓 She is a pilot and Andrew is deployed in the Netherlands fur six months. We will go visit then in the fall, Lord willing.

      Delete
    2. OK, I hope you can go see them.
      <3 MA

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!