Friday, September 27, 2013

A Wild Day Part 1. . . by Rishona

Here's a short little story about a wild day at the Circle C . . . by Rishona


WOW! Today was a crazy day, some of it was great, and some was not so great. So it all started this morning. I woke up and dressed into my pair of comfy overalls. When I was at the top of the staircase I looked quickly around, happy to see no one around. I slid down the banister.
No one saw me, I thought. As I was walking to the kitchen to join the family for breakfast, I heard something move from behind the couch. I walked over and heard a. “Boo,” and I saw a head pop up.
I blinked and then pinched myself. “Ouch!” I was certainly not dreaming. “Well, hi, Levi, Mother didn’t tell me you were coming!” I said half-glad to see him; I was hoping he’d have learned to use “good” language by now.
“Howdy, Andi. Let’s go get some breakfast, I’m starved!”
I walked into the kitchen, where I saw Kate and the other kids around the table. Little Hannah was not so little anymore. “Nandi!” she exclaimed. She fingered the necklace I’d given her and said. “Look what I have!”
I patted her on the head. Then I took a seat by Betsy. “How long will you be staying?” I whispered to Betsy. “And when did you get here?”
Betsy smiled shyly. “We got here early this morning, and I don’t know when we are leaving.”
Then Justin said a prayer for the meal, which was interrupted by Levi’s burp and then Betsy’s giggle. Right when he said “Amen,” Hannah started choking on her food that she was eating during the prayer. Then we all heard a knock at the door.
So, the door was being struck on impatiently, Mother was scolding Betsy and Levi, and Kate was pounding the screaming Hannah on her back. What a noise!
Chad jumped up to open the door. I was watching Kate kiss Hannah and telling her that she would be all right. Just then I saw Mitch’s mouth hanging open. (The half-chewed eggs didn’t mix well with his toast or milk, now that I mention it.) It looked disgusting. I mean, if you think something is disgusting than believe me, this was.
No one else seemed to notice. They were all staring at the entrance to the door. Even Hannah stopped crying. I turned to look too, and I couldn’t believe what I saw.


 

14 comments:

  1. I wonder what's at the door... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't sound like a good start to the morning ;) But it makes an interesting start to this story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly left us on edge! :) Waiting for part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I know who it is:) Can't wait for part 2!
    ~Cowgirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cowgirl: You will have to tell me who you think it is.........tomorrow, when the second part is posted (i think)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting indeed. I love how you described the chaotic scene at the table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! what a crazy way to start the day!! Who or what is at the door, that would make Mitch drop his mouth open like he did...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rishona: I think it's either Troy or Peter Wilson. I'm just guessing so I guess I'll find out who it is tomorrow:) Btw great job I love suspense!
    ~Cowgirl

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was great. I also think it the person at the door might be Troy, or some raggy ol' person
    -Anna-

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you guys all liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good story! Can't wait for part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!! Waiting for part 2. :)
    I too think it is Troy at the door.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I deleted the comment above because it just didn't make any sense. I realized that when I went back and re-read the story. I think it's Troy at the door.

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!