Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Great Chore-Undoing Scandal . . . by Audrey

Bossy brothers. How DO you get back at them? Audrey shares something Andi tried. You be the judge if it worked out for her or not! (500 words)


First of all, I would like to say that this happened a couple of years ago. Being fourteen, I am way too old for these kinds of things now!
As all of you may know, I have an extremely bossy older brother that everyone else calls Chad. But I secretly call him “Old Bossy.”
One bright Saturday morning, he started hounding me about my chores first thing. I did my best to ignore him, but it can be pretty hard to ignore Old Bossy. I think the whole ranch heard him!
Old Bossy eventually left to tend to some newborn calves, and I was left with my thoughts. Suddenly, a very devious plan came into my head. No, it’s way too mean! But . . . it might just work.
Mitch told me Chad was going to muck out the stalls tomorrow. Why would he do that? Well, something to do with a bet he had going with the ranch hands, I guess. Early the next morning, I slipped into the barn.
I had recruited Rosa to help me. She tried to stop me. As usual, she attempted to stop me, but I didn’t listen. (I would get into a lot less trouble if I listened to Rosa!) Anyway, it looked like Chad had already finished mucking out the stalls and was doing the other barn chores.
However, he had forgotten to take the dirty straw outside. I quickly started putting the dirty straw back into the stalls. Amidst protests, Rosa undid some other chores he’d finished. I then put the already collected eggs back into the nesting boxes, and did some other crazy things too. I went back in the house, smug and happy. Wasn't Chad in for a surprise!
Later, Mitch went into the barn to do his chores. He came back inside with a puzzled look on his face. He asked Chad if he’d done the chores. Of course Chad said he’d done them!
Then Mitch asked why none of the chores were done! By now, Rosa was scrunched up in a corner, waiting for the wrath of Chad to be released.
I was about to join Rosa in the corner when Chad surprised me. He apologized to Mitch and went out to do the chores again. I started to feel badly for him, and finally decided the prank had gone on long enough.
Not again! Into the trough I go!
I followed Old Bossy outside to explain what I had done to him. I expected him to be furious, but he actually started to laugh! He finally stopped, and then—to my surprise—he picked me up and dunked me in the horse trough!
Brrrr! Why do my brothers always dunk me in the horse trough! Anyway, the Great Chore-Undoing scandal ended okay. Maybe Chad will stop being so bossy. Who knows? 
I am very grateful that Mother was not there that day. Something a lot worse than getting dunked in the horse trough probably would have happened if she had found out about this!



 

19 comments:

  1. Good story, Audrey. I had to chuckle over this one. Perhaps Chad decided not to keep bugging his sister about her chores and just let her get them done. Anyway, well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great story Audrey!
    Very well written and very funny!
    I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much everyone for your prayers! The man who was missing has been found alive and with only minor injuries! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallelujah!!! Praise the Lord!!!

      Delete
    2. Really? Praise God. that is so amazing!!! prayers sure do help

      Delete
    3. Praise the Lord!!! Good thing he wasn't badly injured!! liked the story by the way! :)

      Delete
    4. Who???

      Delete
    5. There was a prayer request going on from another post about one of Michaela's friend's father who was missing. He was found so all is well . . .

      Delete
  4. horray! i'm glad they found him! Praise the LORD!!:D
    Great story, it was fun Audrey! good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i`m so glad they found him!!!!!!!!!!!!! horray!

      -cheyenne

      Delete
  5. I loved the story Audrey!!! It was great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I am glad they found the man! I appreciate your nice comments! I am glad everyone liked it!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again, everyone. You're right, I know that every little prayer helped! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First off, thank God that the father was found. Praise God for that! :) Thanks for letting us know Michaela.
    Audrey, this was a fantastic story and actually my very favorite so far. I just loved this one, and I really enjoyed Andi's mischievousness and how well Chad took it. I'm curious if he knew Andi was behind the scheme, seeing how he was awfully nice to Mitch when Mitch told him the chores weren't done. :)
    Great story!

    -Calamity Rene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Calamity Rene! I had fun writing it! I was imagining that Chad was in shock after hearing that the chores were undone. In my imagination, Chad thought the ranch hands were behind it, since he had a sort of bet going with them. He was relieved to find out it was just Andi. After all, it is a lot easier to deal with a little sister than it is to deal with a bunch of ranch hands!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I see. That makes sense. :) And you're right, it is WAY easier to deal with a little girl than a bunch of ornery ranch hands. :)
      Keep up the good work!

      -Calamity Rene

      Delete
  10. that was good can not what tell sat so Andi can post:-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great story!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!