Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Have Mercy!

I love all your comments, friends, but honestly! Another story about Virginia's next lesson? Really? So soon? I have an idea, troops. What about some of YOU writing about Virginia's next riding lesson?

----You can send me stuff by using the form "Send Andi Your Questions & Stories" below on the right sidebar. Or you can click the "About Andi" link just below that and simply email it to me that way.--- 

I'd love to post some of your ideas! I'm a victim right now of "brain drain."

What do you say? Anybody interested? It might be good practice for the upcoming Circle C Adventures short-story writing contest coming up in September.

In fact, here is a list of all kinds of topics that anybody can pick from to write a "guest blog post." Seriously, I'm happy to look over, edit, and post your "what happened next" ideas. Yes, I will keep on with the LONG list of questions you've asked, but once in a while it would be fun to hear how YOU would answer the question. Don't be shy! Here's a partial list:

1. Virginia's next riding lesson. Does she get her way? Will Mitch give Andi a hand? What happens?
2. Melinda and Andi want to make Mother the very best birthday cake. "A Kitchen Comedy" for any of you more comedy-gifted writers.
3. In Price of Truth, it comes out that Jack's mother died when he was younger. Leah wants to know how that came about. Any ideas?
4. You can write about any of these characters:
      Troy, Cory, Jack, Jed Hatten, Kate, Levi and his sisters, Riley, Felicity, Jenny Grant, Johnny Wilson, or any of the characters in any of the books
5. So, now that Jeffrey Sullivan is "out of the picture," who do you think wants to court Melinda next? I have somebody in mind, which will come out in the next series, but for now . . . I'm open to ideas.
6. Speaking of which . . . for those of you who have read the Beginnings series with Riley, you can guest post about him coming back.

I'm sure there are more. That's all I have time to write for now. I will end with a riddle. Who can guess it?

A cowboy rode into town on Friday. He stayed 3 days and left on Friday. How is this possible?


 

32 comments:

  1. I would love to do this!
    I think I will try Virginia's riding lesson ;)
    Where do you enter it?
    What form?
    The awnser to the riddle is:
    His horse was named Friday!
    Is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you are right about Friday! LOL

      The form is just below FAN FAVORITES on the right sidebar. "Ask Andi a Question" is the name of the form. If it won't hold your entire story, then let me know. You can also submit your story by going to "About Andi" and get my email from that link. Can't wait!

      Delete
  2. I think I might try my hand at writing about what happens when Riley comes back. :D
    is that ok?

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, uh, does Riley have a last name? (I looked in a CCB book but didn't see it) :P
      Meg

      Delete
    2. I . . .uh . . . don't remember. His uncle's name is Sid McCoy (from both CCB and CCA), but Riley's mom is Sid's sister, so Riley would have a different last name. Hey, go for it. Think of one. That works for me! :-)

      Delete
    3. Great! thanks!! :D
      Meg

      Delete
  3. I Might try and do one adout when Riley comes back.:)
    It will be fun! :Dg

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, goody! This will be fun to see how two of you portray it. I'm excited!

      Delete
  4. I think I will undertake one about Felicity!!!
    This sounds like loads of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, does Riley have a Father?

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, his father is a captain in the army, stationed at the Presidio in San Francisco (at least when Riley was 8 and in the CCB books). They lived at the Fort until Riley's mother got sick, then Riley had to be sent to his Uncle Sid, who works as a foreman for the CC ranch, since his father is off fighting Indians and all that. His mom recovers in the last book, Circle C Christmas, and surprises Riley at the end of the book. I figured if I wrote any more of those, I'd have his mom staying on the ranch for a while. Then, I planned to have Riley and his family leave since Dad would be transferred to Ft. Hall in Idaho. Hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. Ok,Thank you mrs.Marlow

      Beth

      Delete
  6. I think it's a good idea, not that i am writing one, i might. but I am not the best at writing stories!-at all!

    ~Rishona

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that this is a great idea!!! I probably won't write one because I'm not very good at it, but I will certainly enjoy reading the other's :)
    Does this elapse over a certain time span, or is just whenever we feel like it we can write a story?
    Also, are you going to post them all at once, or spread them out some?
    ~Leah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, for now I think it's just when anybody writes a story. :-) If I get a big pile-up, I'll spread them out with my own stuff.
      you should try to write one, Leah! It would be fun!

      Delete
    2. Maybe... I might try :)
      ~Leah

      Delete
  8. Oh gosh this sounds like so much fun! Hmm, what should I undertake to write? I'm thinking of writing one about Melinda's newest suitor. I've got some ideas running around in my mind...that aughta be fun! :D I'll let you know if I get any other crazy ideas... :D

    -Calamity Rene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does Chad's horse have a name???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chad's horse is "Sky" (from Andi's Lonely Little Foal)
      Mitch's horse is "Chase"
      Melinda's horse is "Panda"

      Delete
  10. Is Riley's Uncle the Cook or the Foreman?


    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to post about Riley so you guys can learn about him. Hang on . . .

      Delete
    2. Ok Thank you!

      Beth.

      Delete
  11. Is this the answer to the riddle?
    The man's horse was named Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was wondering for the contest in september could I enter the story that I wrote for a Fan Story or does it have to be a whole new story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you may not enter a previously posted Fan Story. For one thing, there will be a word count thing, and some of the fan stories are too short to be entered.
      ~Andi

      Delete
    2. How many words have to be in each story for the contest?

      Delete
    3. I will have all that information in the "Official Contest Rules" coming next month. :-)

      Delete
  13. Has Melinda's newest suitor (for the new books), been "introduced" in the old books???

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!