Monday, July 22, 2013

A New Story Coming . . .

Glad to hear another fan story is in the works; I have one more in my files to post, probably tomorrow (Tuesday). And I got another idea myself. I have 2,000 words (so far) on my new short story, "Cattle Drives Are Not for Greenhorns." You can take a guess about what happens in this one. But I dare not begin posting the story until I have the entire thing written. Right now I don't know how many parts (chapters) it will be.

And a note about your "fan" stories. Don't worry if your stories are rough when they come to me. I always smooth them over and fix spelling, grammar, typos, and unclear sentences. (This is called editing). So all your fan stories are edited and look "good" on the blog. :-)


P.S. I am also including the word count for each story, so you have an idea of how long your stories are. When the contest launches in September, you might like to get a feel for the length of various stories.  
But be warned: I will NOT edit your stories for the contest. They will go to judges who may not be as forgiving as I am!

10 comments:

  1. For the story contest in Septeber does the short story have to be about Andi or Circle C?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is an excerpt from the official contest rules that I will be posting in September:

      CONTENT: Stories must revolve around the characters in the Circle C Adventures books or the Circle C Beginnings books. Characters from any of the stories may be used as the main character or supporting characters of your story. You may also create new characters, as long as characters from the series are part of the story in some way. Any setting in the United States may be used, but it must be historically accurate and set in the same general time period as the stories (from 1874 and upwards).

      Hope that helps. More will be forthcoming when I post all the details later on . . .

      Delete
  2. Who is the greenhorn??? :) I can't wait to find out, and also for the story!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha, but I haven't yet decided WHO the greenhorn is in the story. This one is fun to write, as I'm writing "by the seat of my pants" as it comes to me. Just like the Jeffrey Sullivan story earlier. I had an idea what would happen in that story, but then it went in a direction I hadn't thought of. Oh, the fun!

      I don't know how many chapters it will have yet. It might end up being a mini "NOVEL"!

      Delete
  3. Ooo I can't wait for a new story! I fished my story last night and will be sending it in a little later today! It's a gooder! I think...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not wait! I sent in my story last night. It is about a prank Andi plays on Chad.
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All Fan Stories will be posted in the order in which they are received. :-) So, my lassies, "take a ticket!" So excited to see more stories coming in . . . .

      Delete
  5. I always have so much fun writing my stories without knowing what is going to happen. Right now I have a story going on my blog that is pretty exciting, but I'm still writing it and I'm not sure how it's going to end. :P I rarely know ahead of time what will happen in the stories. Oh, and when a story heads off in a new direction . . . talk about fun! :) I almost feel as though I were just a reader and wonder what's going to come up next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel, Rebekah! It is sure fun! This is the "joy" of writing without a contract or a "dreaded" deadline. LOL Royalty publishers, bless their souls, put the pressure on you to write within a time frame. I understand it and I do it, but sometimes just writing stories for FUN is well . . . just more fun!

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!