Thursday, February 14, 2013

Jack Goodwin

Somebody asked me this question, and it's a good one. I hope I can clear everything up real well! "Andi, in the 6th book it seemed that you liked Jack. Do you like him?" 

I do like Jack--but probably not in the way you're thinking I like him. :-) Jack has always been something of an enigma (somebody who is hard to figure out). Sometimes he can be in the best of moods--joking (he plays worse tricks than Cory), laughing, and handing out licorice from his father's mercantile. At school, he and I always had the best time playing marbles. I'd win his best aggie, then he'd go crazy and keep playing until he won it back. Other days, he'd let me win all his marbles. Like I said, he's hard to figure out. 

Now that he's older, he's even harder to understand. That's why--for the life of me--I couldn't figure out why he would hang around with that bully, Johnny Wilson. It's like Jack has trouble thinking for himself. When he hangs around Cory and me, he is really fun and we have a good time. When he hangs around Johnny, he starts to act just like him. Sort of like that Bible verse we all had to learn in school: "Bad company corrupts good morals." Clearly, Jack didn't "get it." He lets other influence him. I guess that makes him a follower. 

However, ever since that awful time when Jack and Johnny kidnapped me, and then Jack "saw the light" and brought Taffy back, he's changed. I like him better now that he's acting more like a decent young man. I don't see him much outside of school, since he's a town kid and I'm on the ranch. 

Uh-oh! I just remembered. Jack told me there's a barn dance at the McMurrays next week. The first one of the season. He wanted to know if I was going. Yikes! Is that like . . . he wants to dance with me? Like he likes me like . . . that? What a thought! I don't know what to do. What would YOU do? Would you go to the barn dance and dance with somebody besides your brothers?  

 

22 comments:

  1. I would dance with someone else :) If I knew the person. You will have a good time if you go!

    P.S. tell me if you go and if you go tell what happens :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! I will write a journal entry about it. :-)

      Delete
  2. this a different person commenting!

    okay so....
    when we open andi's blog will the journal post be there or do we have to go to the journal section?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be at the top of the page. The most recent posts go at the top. But I might not post that entry for another week or so. But if you "miss" it, you can always scroll down the page or yes, you can click "Andi's Journal" and it should be right there.
      ~Andi

      Delete
  3. Dear Andi,
    What kind of dances would you do, and what pieces of mucis did you use in the dances?
    Ira-Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should.It might be fun!! A new experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andi! I don't know if you have been asked this queston before, but I was just wondering if you ever thought of making a movie on any of your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROTFL . . . Oh, yeah. I've been asked it a lot. In fact, someone just a day or two ago asked the same question. Unfortunately, I can't do this myself! A movie producer as to "find" the books and decide they want to make a movie, THEN they have to negotiate with the publisher of my books.

      Kind of like they did with the MANDIE books from the 1980s (books about a girl living in 1900 in North Carolina). I saw one of the movies they did, and . . . uh . . . it was kind of boring. :-(

      Or what they did with the American Girls books, like Felicity (a GREAT movie!!) and Samantha and Molly (which I haven't seen).

      Sorry for the long answer . . .

      Delete
    2. The American girl movies are great! so are the Mandie movies.

      Delete
  6. Hey Andi! Since Garfield was president in 1881, do you remember what you were doing when you found out that he was assassinated?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do remember, because that was a very eventful summer. I will write a blog post about it as soon as I catch up with some of the other things I need to write about. :-)
      ~Andi

      Delete
  7. Well, I most certainly would NOT go, at least at my age. Maybe if I were older, but it's hard to believe I would. I'd go with my brothers, but they might not want to 'cause they're 7 & 8. At a time like that I would probably wish even more that I had an older brother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Johnny and Jack kidnapped you?? Wow, How??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, Anne, that would be telling! You can read all about it in Andrea Carter and the Price of Truth! :-) It's a very exciting and scary story, and you can find out how and WHY those two rascals kidnapped me. He-he.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I have no idea. LOL If the characters aren't on the covers, then I didn't take their pictures. I found this picture on a Clip Art CD collection I have. :-)

      Delete
  10. Does Jack goodwin have siblings? I lost some of the andrea cater books so I can't reread some of them to find out....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Jack does not have any siblings. It's just he and his pa since his ma passed away.

      Delete
  11. Mrs. M, are you going to write about Peter and Johnny Wilson soon? And do they have a mother? And one more question, why did Mr. Wilson send Johnny away at the end of "The Price of Truth" when he only did what his father asked.
    ~Libby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are full of excellent questions, Libby. That is a good point. I haven't read the story for a long time, but I believe it's a compilation of all of Johnny's poor behavior toward Andi and his lying about her to the newspaper that prompts his discipline more than just the one-time kidnapping her.

      The bigger questions is . . . (and I ask myself this all the time) . . . why didn't Mr. Wilson not get any harsher punishment??? He was just as guilty as Johnny.

      But back in those days, I suppose he was able to do a plea bargain and ended up with some consequences that are not clearly stated in the book, but not any jail time. And . . . Andi and the Carter family would have to press charges in order for Mr. Wilson to go to trial for his "evil" deeds, anyway.

      As far as Johnny's mother, she is in Price of Truth. Her name is Margaret (I think. I change names of minor characters so much that sometimes I forget what they ended up being named.)

      Yes, Johnny Wilson comes back from military school in Book 3, The Last Ride. And Peter is "kind of in" both books 2 and 3. He's Melinda's fiance.

      Delete
    2. So you are not planning to add in a section for the two boys in "Andi's friends"? and is "The Last Ride" a conclusion of all the series? 0.0

      ~Libby

      Delete
    3. I think jack is listed as one of Andi's friends. Hmmm, maybe not. Check the website bio tab at CircleCAdventures.com. Cory is for sure. I haven't found a good picture for Johnny, so he's not there yet.

      No, The Last Ride is book 3. book 4, Shadows from the Past is the last book. I'm working on it now.

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!