Thursday, June 14, 2012

Photo Fridays: The Circle C Ranch

Well . . . cameras don't work very well back in 1880, but I did my best to show you some photos. Some are in color; some are in the "old-time" photo color called "sepia." I hope you enjoy this tour of the Circle C ranch! 

This is one of my favorite places to ride! 


Here is one of our peach orchards.



Here are some of our cattle resting under a huge oak tree.

Here is our hacienda-type house. 

And the barn, of course. It is RED.

And we can't forget my special spot for fishing!

But sometimes the creek dries up. :-(

 

5 comments:

  1. who writes this blog ?,the auther of these books.
    like how does the blog work does like the auther pretend she is the girl and stuff?
    Please Answer
    PS are the pictures like real or made up?

    look forward to reading your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annika!
      Yep, I'm the author and I write as Andi, the character in the book series. Since I put myself in the books to BE Andi, I figured I know her pretty well. LOL

      The pictures are real. The cover girl is a homeschool girl who is the model for Andi, and I took the pictures. The pictures of the ranch, orchards, etc. are either pictures I took in California, or pictures I found on line that "look" as close to an 1880s setting as I could get.

      Thanks for writing. I hope you find this reply

      Delete
  2. THANKS I UNDERSTAND NOW!
    ANNIKA -(MY LAST NAME)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the first picture!! It's so pretty! It really showes God's woderful creation!
    I love this series, and I can't wait for the new one to come out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mallory. I took the first picture when I (me, the author, not Andi. LOL) was in California. It's right where the books are set!

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!