Thursday, May 31, 2012

Whatever Happened to Jed Hatton?

Madeline says: It's kinda sad to think Jed Hatton would spend the rest of his life in jail, so, did he?

Well, Madeline, I had to do a lot of nosing around to find out what happened to Jed Hatton. I asked Justin, and he just raised his eyebrows at me. 

I asked Chad, and he said, "Why in the Sam Hill do you want to know about that lowlife? Don't you remember he shot you?"

So, I got Mitch aside, and he was willing to find out for me. He sent a telegram to San Quentin prison (where Jed Hatton ended up), and found out that he'd finally been sent there. If you remember, he'd already been tried and convicted of murder before he escaped and took me hostage. (Chad says that could count as kidnapping and Jed should have been tried for that crime . . . "Maybe he would have hung this time without Justin to defend him.") But then, Chad gets awful fired up about outlaws and such.

Jed was supposed to get life in prison (which is a sight better off than getting hung), but five years later he escaped with the help of fellow criminals Procopio and Mateo Vega. He caused some mischief but in the end he proved he wasn't such a "bad guy" after all. He saved my life (see Courageous Love, Book 4 of the Circle C Milestones). Afterward, he disappeared and I haven't seen him since. I sure hope he has reformed his ways and is living quietly and honorably

P.S. I found an old Wanted Poster for Jed.

 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this!! It would be really nice if you posted stuff more often, because after reading all six Circle C books, it feels so boring without reading SOMETHING about Andi! PLEASE write more Andi books! I will just DIE if you don't!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to post more often! Have you read all of the posts on my blog? There are a lot of things to read here!

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I had been wondering for a while.
    -Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I agree with Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree too! I haven't read all the books quite yet, but I'll be sad when I'm done with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a "new" story: the Midnight Surprise or Double Surprise, or whatever I named it under "Ranch Stories."

      Delete
  5. Whatever happened to Jed once he ran off from Procopio's camp? After he shot Benita?
    I either missed that part in the book, or it wasn't there. But I was just wondering. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to! but I thought Andi shot Benita, did I read that wrong?

      Delete
    2. Sadie is right. Jed shot Benita. She had knocked the derringer from Andi's hand and was about to knife her, and Jed came to the rescue in the nick of time. :-)

      I also updated this post about Jed to reflect the newer material in Courageous Love. Hopefully, we'll be hearing from Jed soon about "what happened next" after he vanished from Procopio's camp.

      p.s. Andi shot Vega . . .

      Delete
    3. Alright, thank you!
      Yes, I had to look back just to make sure I had the facts right, it's easy to get confused! I sure hope to find out what happened, he's one of my favorite characters, even if he is an "outlaw." :-)

      Delete

Let Andi know what you think!