Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Taffy, My BEST Friend

My best friend is Taffy, my golden palomino mare. She's about 15 hands high, with some white on her nose and four white socks.

Taffy was a gift from my big brother Chad, when I turned six years old. He took me out to the barn on my birthday and showed me the brand-new filly. Then he told me she was mine and that together we'd train her to be the best little filly in the valley. I couldn't believe what he was saying, since Chad is sometimes so mean and teases me. But when I looked at my mother, she nodded, so I knew it must be true.

It was a lot of work, but Chad knows horses better than anyone in the whole valley, and Taffy is the very best horse around (well, I think so anyway). She's fast, too. She won the Fourth of July race (the boys' heat) last summer. I almost didn't get to race her, since I'm a girl, and girls aren't supposed to do such rough things. But the racing officials listened to my brother and they let me enter the race. Ha! So much for boys doing all the fun things!

14 comments:

  1. Thumbs up on your website!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs.M,
    Do you really own " Taffy"? What type of horse is she? I LOVE horses! :-D
    ~JT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, sadly, "Taffy" is not mine. She is really a "he" that belongs to a gal named Vicki. And his name is "Star." (used on the cover of Price of Truth). Another palomino, Rusty, was used for Dangerous Decision and San Francisco Smugglers. That is another friend's horse.

      They are quarter horses.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Quarter horses are my favorite breed.
      ~JT

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They will be in the upcoming new book, Thick as Thieves, coming out next Fall 2014. :-)

      Delete
  4. Taffy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this books! I got my 6 books signed at Oklahoma Home School Convention. I also LOVE Taffy and all horses! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taffy is so cute as a foal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What breed is the "story" Taffy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have a section for Sunny and Shasta?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry but spoiler alert to people who haven't read Last Ride. I miss Taffy sssssssssooooooooooooooooo much.��❤❤��������������������������❤❤❤��������❤:)��

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!