Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Friend Cory

I don't mind admitting that Cory Blake is one of my best friends, even if he is a boy. We have lots of fun together. He's especially good at racing and fishing--two of the things I like to do best. The Circle C ranch is so far from town (about an hour's ride), that I don't see my town friends except at school. Cory has a lot of freedom, so he rides out to the ranch often. He knows I'm always good for a fast race (he hasn't won yet, but he keeps trying).

Cory's a year older than I am, and his blond hair is always wild and messy. He lives in a small house behind his father's livery stable in town. His mother died when he was about four years old, and his father remarried. Now Cory has 4-year-old twin sisters, Amy and Amanda.

Cory's chief aim in life is to have fun and play as many jokes on his classmates as he can get away with. But nobody can stay mad at Cory for long--he's just a happy-go-lucky kind of fellow. He doesn’t like school at all (neither do I) because the lessons are difficult for him. He’d much rather be working alongside his father at the livery or, better still, racing around the countryside looking for adventure.

You know how Cory and I met? It was terrible! It was my first day of school. I was only 8 years old, and this strange boy flicked a fly onto my desk. Later he tried to give me a snake. Then, when another bigger boy started picking on me, Cory flew to my rescue. I decided I liked him after that. Now we're good friends.

22 comments:

  1. Nice picture!
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, I like the part about the races Andi and he have. "He hasn't won yet, but he keeps trying" Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Part how you guys met!
    Skylar

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to the snake at the end of dangerous decision

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote an entire story about what happened to that snake, Andy. Here is the link to the blog story post:

      http://circlecadventures.blogspot.com/2013/04/snakes-alive.html

      Delete
  5. I think he's kinda cute. *Blush*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frankie, I'm with ya! *blushes as well*

    ReplyDelete
  7. FYI he's Mrs. Marlow's son...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, that's right... :)

    Um, Andi, in the book Trouble with Treasure, Cory says that "Ma packed me a grub sack." Is that his fathers second wife? He was defiantly older thank 4.

    ~Libby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very good, Libby! I need to change that, since in the CCBeginnings, his mom is alive and well, and he's 7 years old. Sharp eyes. I decided to only have Jack Goodwin have no mother. So, thanks for the head's up.

      Here is a link to a blog post about Cory's twin sisters. I really need to write a short-story about that. LOL
      http://circlecadventures.blogspot.com/2013/02/whats-cory-up-to.html

      Delete
    2. I only noticed it because I was doing some studying for a story of my own and couldn't tell if I should add his mom in or not. Glad to help. :)

      ~Libby

      Delete
  9. How far apart in age are Cory and Amy/Amanda? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it appears there should be like . . . nine years, but I'm rethinking about whether Cory's mom dies ore not, and if his twin sisters are closer to him in age. Any ideas?

      Delete
    2. Hmmm...
      Yeah, it might be a better idea that Cory's mom stays the same and the twins & Cory are like, 4 years apart... 9 seems a little far-fetched... Thoughts?

      Delete
    3. Yes. Because now I am writing that new series, with Andi 9 and Cory 10, and I might want his troublesome twin sisters included in this series. So maybe six years, and that would make them four. Maybe I'll wait until I actually commit to writing about them and then I'll know what age they are and then I'll fix the blog. :-)

      Delete
    4. LOL!!! Yeah, having the twins in the new series sounds great!! So... when did the mom have Cory? Cause it seems kinda weird to wait 6 years until your next kid (or kids, in this matter...) comes...

      Just sayin...

      Delete
    5. Actually, no. People lost their babies quite often. Dangerous world back then. Rosa and her brother are actually the two youngest of five children. And yes, I make this stuff up. But the children diedin early childhood.

      The same might have happened in corys family.

      Delete
  10. Love the first picture of Cory!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the first picture of Cory!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is that flash in the first pic?

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!