Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Brother Justin

Justin is my oldest brother. He's strong and smart, and he can do anything. Mostly he's real good at helping me get out of fixes. While Chad delights in running the ranch, Justin would rather use his head than do routine ranch work, so he decided to become a lawyer. And he's the best lawyer in the state . . . well . . . in our part of the valley at least. But just because he'd rather be off helping the governor of California than branding calves doesn't mean he can't round up cattle as good as the next man. Like I said, he can do anything he sets his mind to. Some folks say he can even talk a fence post out of the ground, but I haven't seen that happen yet.

Justin has black hair and blue eyes, just like Chad and me. I sure wish he was home more often. Since our father died, Justin has stepped in and taken me sort of "under his wing," I reckon. If Chad tells me to do something, I think he's bossing me. But if Justin tells me to do the same thing, I just go do it. Like I said, he can talk anybody into doing just about anything. (Don't tell the others, but Justin is my favorite brother)

5 comments:

  1. I wish I had a brother like yours. I always find myself in trouble with my horse and it would be nice to have someone besides myself to get me out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to have a brother like Justin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Justin was my brother...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do too!!! I have four brothers and sometimes I wish all brothers were like Andi`s!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two older brothers but neither like Justin I don't always like being the youngest.

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!