Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jenny Grant

Well, I didn't know whether to post this in "My Friends" or in "Sneak Peeks." This is a new friend I meet when I get stuck in San Francisco to finish out the winter school term. Why am I there? Oh, such a twist of fate! Just when I thought I'd be having myself an unexpected holiday with Taffy (the grammar school in town got shut down! Why? That's another post, I'm afraid)...BAM! My mother gets this incredibly terrible idea to make me finish school at a fancy, young-lady's school in the City. Jenny Grant is my new roommate at the school.

This is an old picture of her, but she's really my age--almost thirteen. She's kind of wild, with lots of tangly red hair and more freckles than a body can count. People may think that I don't act much like a lady, but goodness! Jenny is the only girl in her family, with a whole passel of brothers. She's from some backwoods place called Washington Territory. Her mother sent her to San Francisco, hoping the school would teach her young lady ways. So far, it's not working very well. I like Jenny. We get into all kinds of interesting scrapes together in the big City. And some scary ones, too... Our adventures got written down in the book Andrea Carter and the San Francisco Smugglers, but you have to wait until next fall to read it. They're still turning the story into a real book! It takes awhile.




3 comments:

Let Andi know what you think!