Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Family Surprise

I'm not quite sure how much I should say about these three little kids. If I say too much it will ruin the story, Family Secret. If I say too little, you won't know what I'm talking about. So I'll tell you about them, and then you can try and guess how we're all related.

First of all, there's Levi. He's about 10 years old and one of the meanest little boys I ever had the misfortune of meeting. (At least, he started out mean...). We didn't get along at all in the beginning. Mitch gave him a pinto pony, which he quickly named "Patches." For a kid who'd never ridden a horse before, he took to it like flies take to honey. I've never seen anyone learn faster than that city-boy, Levi. One good thing--he likes to race horses as much as I do.

Then there's Betsy. She's 6 years old, and she followed me around wherever I went! I was never sure just where she'd pop up. Sometimes it was annoying to listen to her chatter like a squirrel--day in and day out. Mother said she looks up to me and wants to be like me, so I need to be a good example. That helped me think of her more like a little sister rather than a pesky tag-a-long. She actually is kinda cute, and I learned patience.

Last of all is Hannah. She's barely 3 years old and a raggedy-looking little thing she was when I first saw her sitting on my sister Melinda's lap. My mouth fell open and I stuttered, "W-ho's that?" I learned quick enough who Hannah was. Boy was I sore when she stole my locket and jumped on my bed and threw tantrums all the time. When she wasn't whining she was sucking her thumb.

With kin like this, I was ready to move out. But amazingly enough, I ended up loving them as much as I love the rest of my family. And when bad things started to happen, I was ready to protect them, even if it meant risking my own life. Family's like that, ya know?

11 comments:

  1. Besty is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah is so adorable!!
    Skylar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy and Hannah look so cute! I have no idea why but the picture of Levi looks very similar to a real life person I have met.

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't the doll named Tessie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andi, did you ever figure out what happened to Troy? :(
    ~Libby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about it. He might return in the last book, but I'm not sure if that's too many coincidences. Still pondering. . .

      Delete
  6. Hannah is so cute! she looks a lot like one of my little sisters! they even have the same name and age!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had a sister. What is it like andi to have a sister?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same person but I wish I had a sister my age (12)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hannah is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!