Friday, January 27, 2012

New Goldtown Series

I'm really excited to tell you about a new series. OK, it's not about me because it takes place in 1864, and that's four years before I was born. But it's about an exciting time in California--the Gold Rush (well, towards the end of it, anyway). The main character is a twelve-year-old boy named Jem. By the time I met him, he was like . . . 28 years old, but he's a lot younger for these stories.

So, you're probably wondering how I would know anything about some boy that is as old as my brother Justin. Well, it's because Justin and Chad told me they met Jem when THEY were 11 and 12.

They told me he has a younger sister too, Ellie, and they had quite an adventure when Father took them up to Goldtown way back in 1864. There was some kind of problem with the gold mine there, and probably Chad ended up right in the middle of it.

The first book, Badge of Honor, will come out next November, but Chad and Justin don't visit Jem and his sheriff father (golly, I think it would be fun to have a sheriff for a father or an older brother) until Book 2, Tunnel of Gold. As soon as there are sample chapters, I'll make sure everybody knows about them. They'll be posted on the website: Goldtown Adventures  If you want to keep up with what's happening with it, you can sign up to be on the Goldtown Ezine over there too.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until book 1 comes out so I can read it!! :)
    Abigayle

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!