Sunday, April 25, 2010

My oldest sister, Katherine

Since the last two entries have been about my adventures in Family Secret, I suppose the time has come to finally write a little bit about my oldest sister, Katherine. It took me awhile because really! I never knew that much about her. Why? Because I only just met her for the first time in October of 1880. You might think that's strange, but come to find out she took off when I was only about two years old, so you can't expect somebody to remember from when they were that young, right?

Kathrine is 25 years old at the time I'm writing this. She made a big mistake when she left home and married that sneaky, good-for-nothing scoundrel, Troy (or T.J as I got to know him at first). When she came home to ask for help from the family, she brought along three little kids that were as wild as they could be. They've settled down some now, but oh, dear! I thought my life was just about over.

The other thing I didn't like about Kate coming home was the fact that now I have to share Justin with her. I didn't know that he'd missed her that much and that the two of them had been really close. Sometimes it's really hard being the youngest. Everybody else has all these great memories and of course--as usual--I'm left out of them.

The good news is that I've come to love Kate (and even the kids). She's moving to San Francisco real soon, to live with bossy ol' Aunt Rebecca, and I sure do feel sorry for Levi, Betsy, and little Hannah.

Maybe things will get back to normal around the ranch after she lives, but golly! I think I'm going to miss her!


2 comments:

  1. Cool! Where did you get the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the post! Love you, Andi!

    ~Lyric

    ReplyDelete

Let Andi know what you think!